webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Mobile Gmail
Mobile Gmail

Old 07/10/2009, 02:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

I like mobile gmail access better than the integrated email because I have the option for both easy archiving and deletion, and I get to see emails that are threaded.

BUT.....

It doesn't work.

The mobile gmail website comes up fine. I can access my email. I can read email. But the buttons don't work.

When I'm viewing an email, the archive, inbox, and delete buttons are non responsive. The "more" button works, but that is it. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it fixable?
shooter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2009, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter78 View Post
I like mobile gmail access better than the integrated email because I have the option for both easy archiving and deletion, and I get to see emails that are threaded.

BUT.....

It doesn't work.

The mobile gmail website comes up fine. I can access my email. I can read email. But the buttons don't work.

When I'm viewing an email, the archive, inbox, and delete buttons are non responsive. The "more" button works, but that is it. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it fixable?
I've been complaining here and on the official Palm support forum about the same thing. The buttons actually work, but you have to reload the page manually, which defeats the purpose. Lame, lame, lame. I can't wait for better mobile gmail support. The built-in client works for many things, but not everything (SEARCH! Threaded emails, etc.). So come on, Palm & Google -- get with the program.
PinkoCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: plio
Old 07/11/2009, 03:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

It doesn't work correctly, but it's good enough. Anytime you hit archive or delete, just hit the refresh button immediately after and you'll see that the buttons do work.

I agree it's annoying but it's a small price to pay for threaded email if you ask me.

However one thing that does annoy me is that sometimes the inbox page is royally messed up- you scroll up and up and up and up and it cycles the same page over and over again (except it's not the real page- none of the links work) until you finally get to the real page where the links finally work. It's really bizarre.

Also, sometimes (not as often) the page looks like it was put through a blender. It's there, but it looks almost like static or something. Hard to explain. I just kill the browser and start over- usually fixes it.

Very weird how buggy the mobile gmail page is.
Ricyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2009, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Has anybody reported this to Google in their mobile application help forum?
roninj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2009, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhai View Post
Our company sell PDA products, such as PALM M105,TE2,M505.M515,I705,TT,TT2,TT3,TT5,TX,ZIRE31,ZIRE71,ZIRE72,LIFEDRIVER,TREO650,TREO680,CENTRO.PAL M PRE.HP2110.HP2410,HP2490C.HP 2750,HP112,HP212,DOPOD and HTC mobile.or accessaries.if you want more products about us.You can visit our website:www .BJPDA.com
Our MSN is:shuishangjuhua@hotmail.com(support English Russian,Japanese,France and Korean)
TEL:0086+010-51663678
WTF is this crap? Ban stick please?

--------------------

@OP - This is a google issue, not really a palm issue. They probably are asking google to fix it but, well... google probably doesn't care.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0