1.    #1  
    Wikimedia Mobile is Officially Launched Wikimedia Technical Blog

The main difference we may notice is that the site has apparently been moved to a faster server. I was pleased to see that the Pre was officially mentioned (along with Kindle, Android, and of course the iPhone). If you are so obsessive you feel you must edit Wikipedia from your mobile device, you'll have to switch to the traditional site, but I think most of us can wait till we get back home to do that!
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I am actually preferring the mobile Wikipedia site over the application on the app store. This is good news!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I am actually preferring the mobile Wikipedia site over the application on the app store. This is good news!
    Same here the app seems too clustered. usually I just type whatever I am looking up and then select wikipedia option
    I never got the point of the app since I use universal search for my wiki needs..
    My favorite for formatting has been Wapedia

works great on the Pre with a double-tap
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    It also says we will be automatically redirected to the mobile site, unless we click the link to get back to the normal site (required for editing). Which is cool.

Unfortunately when I click the Wikipedia link from universal search, I now get a "502 Bad Gateway" error. Going directly to Wikipedia in the browser works fine.
    I'm neither redirected nor do I get an error.

I have noticed that the 'View on Wikipedia's Mobile Site' link seems to be gone from every page I try to look at, even the common ones.

If I go into the URL and add the "m." before "wikipedia.org" it works, though.
    If you type in something in universal search and click on Wikipedia, isn't suppose to take you to the mobile site? I thought it did for me once, but now it just keeps going to the regular html site.

Any way to switch this?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    It's no longer giving me an error, now I go to the mobile site and everything is good. I don't know if that was a fluke or they fixed something. I do see that other people had reported the same issue.

For you guys that aren't getting the mobile site, I suggest clearing your cookies and cache. There is the setting to never go to the mobile site (easily available from the bottom of each page) and maybe it accidentally got set? In the browser click the menu, then preferences, and there are buttons to erase these.
    Clearing out the cache didn't make Wikipedia go to the mobile site through Universal Search, BUT clearing out the cookies did! Thanks.
    Personally, I still prefer the app for the ONE reason that since its a WebOS app, the text size is pretty much optimized for the Pre, and I don't have to pinch and expand to read the text.

For me, that is a HUGE plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    yea me too because with the full page i have to put into landscape mode to see the text better and i actually prefer to use it the normal way so i can use the keypad