webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > New Memos Apps
New Memos Apps

Old 07/09/2009, 09:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Any new memo apps available yet except Evernote..
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

you couldn't just go look in the app catalog?
NOLApre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you don't have any usefull info to share don't waste board space with stupid questions please.. Thanks and have a nice day..
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
If you don't have any usefull info to share don't waste board space with stupid questions please.. Thanks and have a nice day..
Heh. One could say a similar thing about your original post, could they not?
Pupator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

I don't think you question is stupid, especially considering all the homebrew apps being built. Just because something isn't in the official app catalog doesn't mean that something doesn't exist.

A better memo app is my top priority (well, maybe tasks), so I feel for you. I've yet to see anyone mention that they have a homebrew memo app, though.

At the time, Evernote appears to be the only one. And, as you know, it lacks some critical functionality. You do need a data connection to use it, which makes it useful if you're in a place without a data connection. (I have found a work-around, which is to setup an IMAP connection to Evernote and then I have a locally cached copy of all my notes in the email application)

If you aren't worried about not having a data connection when you need it, there are a few web-based apps out there that work reasonably well. Google Docs is the best known, but there are others.
squeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

To answer the question, No.

For tasks, many are using the iPhone interface to RememberTheMilk.com
sacherjj#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
To answer the question, No.

For tasks, many are using the iPhone interface to RememberTheMilk.com
I use the iPhone interface for Remember The Milk (paid, in fact!). However, as I travel via subway, I find that I can't use it while underground. Plus, even when I have a good connection, it can take 30 or more seconds to actually bring up my task list. A local sync is needed. If I had a local version of RTM, I'd be very happy.
squeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0