Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to precentral. the next update will jump straight to 1.1. That said to me its not exciting at all and a bummer but that doesnt mean it isn't huge for a lot of people and the Pre itself. They are adding all the EAS support and more security (pins, autolock,device wipe) as promised so people in the corporate world can finally use it. Whats important to me and hopefully true is that new applications will be coming with this update as well. Only time will tell though. Im still hoping for video support and more fixes to things like battery and signal reception in the "near" future. Flash is already announced for October.

At least you're getting some advanced notice. 1.1 will probably include more than that...
  3.    #3  
    Update

-It appears the update will come within the next 30 days. So sometime in July probably

-According to a member, a Sprint rep said text forwarding would be included.
    if they just include real copy paste, a slider for music app, and text forwarding i should be happy ^_^
    After listening to the precentral podcast from this week I would hope that palm would remove some of the debug code from the pre software to give it a nice speed boost. I do not own a pre at this time but I'm chomping at the bit to get one soon. Seems the word sluggish is used frequently in this forum. Perception of a fast phone goes a long way to keeping the users happy.
    I'm not much of an enterprise user so this seems pretty boring for me. Was hoping to see the center button become a notification light.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I'm not much of an enterprise user so this seems pretty boring for me. Was hoping to see the center button become a notification light.
    I suspect that might be possible sooner than 1.1 if applications want to use it for that...
    I am hoping that the forced password\pin option is NOT a part of the 1.1 push. I don't want to have to enter a password or a pin everytime I use my phone just so the Pre can be widely accepted in Corporate America.
    bspray, it's not a forced PIN to unlock the phone. Exchange Server can be implemented to require a PIN to make an initial connection, currently WebOS doesn't support that so it is impossible to connect to a majority of company servers. Between that and Remote Wipe, this will be a HUGE boon for corporate customers.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    I am hoping that the forced password\pin option is NOT a part of the 1.1 push. I don't want to have to enter a password or a pin everytime I use my phone just so the Pre can be widely accepted in Corporate America.
    This would only apply to those that have phones provided to them by Corporate America. And, of those, only those that have phones provided by companies that want such a feature.

If you have a company supplied phone that's connecting a company server, doesn't it seem right that the company gets to decide on the rules?

If you don't like your employer's rules, take it up with them.
    this update doesn't effect the end consumer, but it's huge for palm and sprint because without these features corporations can't adopt the pre, and that's a big customer base to lose to iphone or BB.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    who forwards texts? and why is that in your top three...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    I do it sometimes. Its not an issue to me though. I imagine its a big issue to others though. Some jobs and some socialites need to forward texts they receive to other people quickly. Its several fold faster than having to retype each feature over and over.

I feel the phone's performance can still be optimized, signal reception issues improved, battery performance improved, and things that other phones have added. Like video and better copy paste among other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    The only forwarded texts I get are those terrible jokes, and I just delete those anyways
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    The only forwarded texts I get are those terrible jokes, and I just delete those anyways
    True!
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    Update

-According to a member, a Sprint rep said text forwarding would be included.

God I hope your right. This no fwd of text is KILLIN me! I have to fwd text at least twice a day from my employees at my Cell Kiosk to my District Manager and another person in my distrcit. So its pretty annoying having to type the text i recieved in the "enter message here" section copy then paste in new text....
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    if you really want text forwarding, just root your pre and follow this: pre dev wiki: Forward Messages
    As mentioned in the Comments of that article, Sprint has a page indicating that Pre's sold after Aug. 1st will have NFL Mobile installed. So the OS update will have to be out whatever the lead time before that is. Say a week at the least. This leads to an update by the last week of July or earlier.
    Exchange support may not seem like a huge deal to a lot of the users on here, but for some of us it really is. My company is only starting to open up to iPhone users (have had WinMo clients forever), and being able to use Exchange wipe and PIN lock gives the quickly growing number of Pre users ammunition to get ActiveSync access. And, since we have a mobile relationship with Sprint for all corporate phones (currently Treo Pros), the Pre may be the next wave.

The other big reason corporate users want this is to complete the "my life is made of many lives" campaign you see in the commercials. The happy girl on the rock has all of her calendars and email in one place, which I would like, but one of my calendars is locked up on an Exchange server that I can't access.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    My thoughts? This stuff was kind of expected at some point, and the only thing I don't look forward to is all the whining and complaining when people don't get their must have update in the next month.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast