Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    biggest update yet, im kinda xcited. hopefully signal and batt issues will also be addressed!!

Does anybody leave home without sometype of pre charger? I know i dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by kooljoe View Post
    biggest update yet, im kinda xcited. hopefully signal and batt issues will also be addressed!!

I have a car charger so by the time I get off of work I have about 35-40% battery left and let it charge on the way home.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I think true Univseral Search, and Universal Copy-Paste are very important. And, of course, as always, I want to see the ability to create contact groups and be able to send emails and text messages to those contact groups.

Of course, I am thinking at this point that groups and sending mass emails and group sms messages will probably be taken care of by 3rd parties at this point.

Still, considering the amount of complaints that has come over the lack of copy-paste and the inability to search emails and txt messages, it would seem like common sense to fix these problems. Especially as these seem to be the features that are limiting the appeal of this phone to compete with Blackberry (well, these, along with the features that they have announced to be fixing for the update).
    Not sure if this was already addressed --- I skipped a few pages of replies, but i wanted to put my missing feature to the list too (or agree with whomever may have already done so) ---- Added IM support - such as MSN and ICQ and plzplzplz ~IRC~!. I know, they are old but in certain parts of the world, I swear if you even mention using aim or google IM they bawk at it. And there is no way I can convince 20 people, who each have 20 of their own friends who have 20 of their own friends, and etc, to all make the jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Please add Video... Real Copy and Paste
    You are setting yourself up for dissapointment if you are hoping for video on a 1.1 update for a 2 month old phone that was sold as a phone with no video.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    30 days seems such a long time to wait for the release. I hope its worth the wait i.e. some nice "added apps" as per the leaked document.

This will be a real b*mmer if the story is a hoax or doesn't come out with one or two killer apps. The Exchange improvements are absolutely needed however.

Shame they couldn't mention that they were going to fix/enhance the PIM functions.

Anyway 30 days and counting.....
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Every time I see this, I scratch my head. Why does anyone need to forward a text? I cannot think of any instance where I've needed to do so, or why I would need to do so.
    I would like to see text forwarding for no other reason than to be able to forward the BS spam text messages we just started getting to Sprints abuse department/email address.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Marsknight wrote:
    Not sure if this was already addressed --- I skipped a few pages of replies, but i wanted to put my missing feature to the list too (or agree with whomever may have already done so) ---- Added IM support - such as MSN and ICQ and plzplzplz ~IRC~!.
    As a workaround, have you tried Meebo? It's a web based IM. You can access multiple protocols and the page loads nicely on the Pre. You don't have to sign up for an account, but the login page for Meebo accounts is what I see when I go to the generic URL. Once I logged in, there was a list of people who were online. Facebook chat is supported, which is now the main type of IM my people seem to be using right now!
    Last edited by noaxis2; 07/13/2009 at 03:33 AM. Reason: didn't quote the original post...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    1.1 should be here prior to 30 days. Sprint says the NFL app will start coming on phones starting aug 1st. This should be one of the apps included in 1.1 so hopefully only a few weeks left.
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    Marsknight wrote:

As a workaround, have you tried Meebo? It's a web based IM. You can access multiple protocols and the page loads nicely on the Pre. You don't have to sign up for an account, but the login page for Meebo accounts is what I see when I go to the generic URL. Once I logged in, there was a list of people who were online. Facebook chat is supported, which is now the main type of IM my people seem to be using right now!
    Or you can just setup transports in gtalk for each IM service. They show up on your IM list on the Pre just like any other gtalk contact.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Now I know it is crazy to expect any of this in 1.1 but here is my wishlist for 2.0 also I think aside from the exchange features we are going to see a lot more features added in 1.1 anyway I would like the following:

My apologies if some of these have been stated but I think these are pretty good ideas. I would like the ability to select multiple photos to send in an email, we can send as many as we want but have to keep going back to photo album and choosing them 1 at a time, also I would like to be able to resize the images I take, or set the camera to take pictures in a smaller resolution. I really want keyboard shortcut to select all text in a memo or textfield. Maybe pushing gesture area + A. I would also like to be able to have multiple email msgs open at a time, or just be able to open multiple instances of the email. I would also love to be able to rearrange the cards (apps) in card view vertically as well as horizontal. So I can have 3 cards on top and 2 cards on bottom rather than 5 in a row.
    1 last thing and this is my big idea and I think its a good 1 so bare with me.

I think it would be great to have desktop widgets on that home screen that has nothing on it. Now I thought... How would that work because the cards would be blocking the home screen, but what if they add a gesture or maybe make it so when you double tap the center button all ur cards hide or disappear until you do the gesture and/or double tap the button again, that way you can see the widgets quickly without having to close any cards. What do you guys think??
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    As listed in the OP I would call it 1.01. I'd like to see more added features - especially simple yet important things Palm users expected. ie Categories, the old Memos app, and full/proper cut/copy'n'paste. We can't have the i-guys have better features than us!

I just hope there's more than stated here along with a reduction in lag.
    First off on the Meebo thing --- that's great except that I can't have it giving me vibrate - push type notifications when stuff happens, and I don't want to have to keep a web browser open at all times.

Your idea is definitely a really great work-around for the time being, but its not what I would like to call "support for"... Added Integrated IM support is something that would be really simple to add, so its something I would expect in either the next update or a similar minor (not huge version change) update. Also, I know there is Mibbit IRC and other similar places where you can get onto IRC in a webpage, but this is often abused and blocked from certain servers....

As for the gtalk transport thing, I've gotta admit Ive never heard of this, and so I'll be investigating it shortly. Thanks for bringing this to my, and anyone else who lurks' attention.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I'm not much of an enterprise user so this seems pretty boring for me. Was hoping to see the center button become a notification light.
    I totally agree. To me the center button is almost a waste. I have yet to use it honestly. Palm would be wise to change that into a wake button and a light up button you see on countless other phones. The only real thing I want is a video recorder and text message forwarding too.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    who forwards texts? and why is that in your top three...

I think that regardless of who does for what ever reason it should be an option. I have received text messages in the past I wish I could forward and on the Pre it isn't possible now.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myeyez View Post
    1.1 should be here prior to 30 days. Sprint says the NFL app will start coming on phones starting aug 1st. This should be one of the apps included in 1.1 so hopefully only a few weeks left.

I've heard that it should be here by the 22nd. Anyone else here the same??
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kooljoe View Post

It's funny you mention that. I never do... I use the heck out of my Pre and the battery life is ok for me I guess... But I usually start to charge it around noon so that by the time I'm off work at 3 pm I'm good for the rest of the evening.
    mine last about 12hours with 2hours of music and 40 min of talk time 1 hour of web and some other misc stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    It's funny you mention that. I never do... I use the heck out of my Pre and the battery life is ok for me I guess... But I usually start to charge it around noon so that by the time I'm off work at 3 pm I'm good for the rest of the evening.
    I've always kept a charger with me, even when I had Treos. I stream music so much during the workday that I've gotten used to constantly having a way to charge throughout the day.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I've always kept a charger with me, even when I had Treos. I stream music so much during the workday that I've gotten used to constantly having a way to charge throughout the day.
    The Pre is the first device I've seen, however, where the charger may not be able to power the device. For example, that the battery could go from 50% to 45%, while plugged in, simply because you're using Pandora or Sprint Nav.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast