Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    This update sounds good for those that use the EAS stuff! For me, I'm hoping they enable Yahoo IM, and the ability to sign in to each IM (GoogleIM, AOLIM, YahooIM, MSN) seperately. Also Video recording (if the phone supports it).
    I'm looking forward to it, exchange fixes don't do much for me ,but they are probably just trying to get rid of all the road blocks from people getting the phone or returning the phone, then they'll work on making more people happy.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    If it's just EAS and certificate stuff, I'll be terribly disappointed. We need new features for the email app, we need improved basic functionality (including optimizations to the speed of the OS) amongst other things. I really hope that the rumored functionality is just a small portion of what will be delivered.

Hopefully CPU scaling will be there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Hopefully CPU scaling will be there as well.
    CPU scaling will only be useful if they can solve the problem where Pandora & Music player can crash the Phone. If they can, then yes. I agree.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Please add Video... Real Copy and Paste
    +2
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    This has already been posted here...

Web OS 1.1: Your thoughts
    heres a link

http://forums.precentral.net/general...-thoughts.html
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    who forwards texts
    Was wondering the exact same thing.

I'm sure the software developers are all over that one due to the extreme need by all Pre owners.

Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    God I hope your right. This no fwd of text is KILLIN me! I have to fwd text at least twice a day from my employees at my Cell Kiosk to my District Manager and another person in my distrcit. So its pretty annoying having to type the text i recieved in the "enter message here" section copy then paste in new text....
    Any reason why you are doing business with text messages? E-mail would be more appropriate.

I am really excited to get the EAS additions. I need my work e-mail on my phone. (Previously had GoodLink on my Centro)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    Was wondering the exact same thing.

I'm sure the software developers are all over that one due to the extreme need by all Pre owners.

Every time I see this, I scratch my head. Why does anyone need to forward a text? I cannot think of any instance where I've needed to do so, or why I would need to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    Update
    -According to a member, a Sprint rep said text forwarding would be included.
    I'm not a Sprint hater and I've had great network and customer service for over eight years now; however, this statement does nothing to instill confidence in me.

Quote Originally Posted by IMethos
    who forwards texts? and why is that in your top three...
    Actually I did this quite frequently on my Treo. Sometimes I would decide after the fact to send an earlier sent text to another person. Other times I would forward something to someone for reference. Definitely miss this on the Pre.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Any reason why you are doing business with text messages? E-mail would be more appropriate.
    Why? If you need to exchange a few words, how is email better than the ultimate push "email"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Every time I see this, I scratch my head. Why does anyone need to forward a text? I cannot think of any instance where I've needed to do so, or why I would need to do so.

i needed to fwd a text yesterday:

my friend texted me asking if i knew any hairdressers....i texted my sister...my sister texted me back the hairstylist info.....it would have been nice to foward the info to my friend....instead i had go back and forth memorizing and rewriting the information before i could text it to her...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm happy to see them working on the corporate side of things. I would really like to see some encryption options at some point (although not a dealbreaker).

I am hoping the corporate market is their focus because they are finished with the SDK final release. Also, like others have mentioned I'd love to have video capability, as well as an on-screen keyboard (landscape).

Heres to hoping Palm keeps up with updates (meaningful ones atleast), and gets the SDK out in full force while accepting apps at a decent rate...
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Why? If you need to exchange a few words, how is email better than the ultimate push "email"?
    If someone has a work flow that requires them to forward messages every day, e-mail is a much better solution.

There are a bunch of other advantages I can list.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    If someone has a work flow that requires them to forward messages every day, e-mail is a much better solution.

There are a bunch of other advantages I can list.
    The biggest disadvantage currently of text messaging is the lack of tracking if that is required by various corp legal requirements. Other than that, the biggest advantage of SMS is that if FORCES people to be brief. And it is a minimal expense push type service. Beats Email in many ways for transitional, immediate communication.
    They need to address the bad reception issues before anything!!! Or are you just stuck with the best phone with the worst reception ever made?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    They need to address the bad reception issues before anything!!! Or are you just stuck with the best phone with the worst reception ever made?
    Mine gets great reception.... Is this a known issue? Or just an isolated incident?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theutus View Post
    Mine gets great reception.... Is this a known issue? Or just an isolated incident?
    According to one of the polls from PreCentral, more than 50% of the Pre users have worst reception than their previous phone, with about 30% saying that it is really bad.
    While I do not really have any reception problems, I can say it is not as good as my Treo755P was on Sprint. I used to get a signal in the garage I park in at work even at the very bottom, underground. I cannot get a signal with the Pre until I exit it.

There is a difference. Normally though I am fine as Sprint coverage is pretty good in Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by Paladin; 07/09/2009 at 03:27 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    In the Palm Support forums one of the users asked if there was the capability to search for emails by subject or sender.

One of the Palm Tech Support guys responded:

"At this time this feature is not avail for the Pre. Stay tuned... "

Perhaps this is going to be part of WebOS 1.1, which would be nice.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast