Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I guess you guys didnt see the date at the bottom it says May 19th
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I appreciate what the Palm Team is doing. I'm enjoying my Pre as it is and when there's an update I enjoy it even more. But there seems to be people out there who can never be pleased or satisfied whatever Palm may do. Oh well, it's their loss.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    While the exchange stuff is good it really doesn't help me because I'm not using it. Performance increase would always be nice but I'm still wanting some additional apps. Call me impatient is you like (my wife does) but I want some new stuff. I also think an upgraded music player with a slider would be very nice!
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anish3232 View Post
    I guess you guys didnt see the date at the bottom it says May 19th
    hah, I missed that. Perhaps it's from the future?
    They are trying to get some corp people to jump from RIM, they are going the right thing, maybe will release a mini update before that, but it is ok. Shows me that Palm not sleeping at the wheel.
    This is truly needed in preparation for release on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I appreciate what the Palm Team is doing. I'm enjoying my Pre as it is and when there's an update I enjoy it even more. But there seems to be people out there who can never be pleased or satisfied whatever Palm may do. Oh well, it's their loss.
    Quite true. This is really just because Palm will never be able to create the cult/sheep mentality that Apple has. Meanwhile, for two years iPhone fanboys defended the fact that iPhone had no cut & paste in any way shape or form.
    All the upgrades in the 1.1 sounds great! One of the most anticipated fix I am looking for is OBEX BT file transfer as well as a BT fix for all BT a2dp headsets. The Pre still is having problems with my Sony HBH-DS980.

Other things which would be nice would be:
    1) Voice Recorder (in order to make audio notes)
    2) File Explorer
    3) Internet Sharing (I am aware of the Rooting option)
    4) On Screen Keyboard (in both portrait & landscape mode)
    Now that it has been announced we can expect it in the next 30 days what are your thoughts?

It seems to me that Palm is focusing on the corporate sector. Wish they would add some of the bells and whistles that attract the more consumer crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    Now that it has been announced we can expect it in the next 30 days what are your thoughts?

It seems to me that Palm is focusing on the corporate sector. Wish they would add some of the bells and whistles that attract the more consumer crowd.
    To be honest it would be nice but from their perspective they probably feel like they have a much better shot at stealing BB and WinMo customers than iPhone customers...
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    there is a thread on this page with almost an identical title.....
    I expect a lot of the disabled functionality to be enabled. People seem to be discovering a lot of code that has been commented out or is not in use. Perhaps there were bugs and in order to get things out on time they just disabled a bunch of things.

Where is this announcement you are referring to? Oops, nevermind, just saw it on the front page.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    there is a thread on this page with almost an identical title.....
    yea
    This has already been posted here...

Web OS 1.1: Your thoughts
    They REALLY need to add some basic features along with the business side. Selectable notifications etc.. It would also be great if they gave us a side loader app so we can all play with home brew apps without needing root or SDK mode.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I wish they would fix all the bugs and basic features that are currently lacking.

Wait!? I sound like an iPhone user from 2 years ago!!

Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I personally know several people for which the lack of fully supported EAS was a deal breaker. This is taking the WebOS and the Pre to levels that took the iphone years to achieve. This is great in terms of boosting adoption of both the platform and tha handset
    Please add Video... Real Copy and Paste
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    There not enough information to have a though on mostly improvements for corporate users, until I see some info on other things besides exchange improvements nothing special in this update
    The Exchange fixes cannot come soon enough for me. I'm really really getting tired of waiting.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast