webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Open Apps Minimized?
Open Apps Minimized?
View Poll Results: Would you open apps in the background or minimized?
No! If I open an app, I want it on top 5 25.00%
Yes! I would love to keep my current app on top and have another one load in the background 15 75.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07/08/2009, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
cashen's Avatar
 
Posts: 759
I find myself opening apps just to go back to another app. I would love it if you could maybe hold a gesture area and open a app and have it open but not change to that app. Keep it minimized.
cashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2009, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
warblad13's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,086
to have that opinion who be nice but me personally i don't mind having it open on top
warblad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2009, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 743
You can kinda speed this up by hitting the center button after starting a program. It'll minimize a blank page and start loading the app. I know it's not quite what you mean, but I do this a lot because of the startup times.
bruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: JerryG
Old 07/09/2009, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruba View Post
You can kinda speed this up by hitting the center button after starting a program. It'll minimize a blank page and start loading the app. I know it's not quite what you mean, but I do this a lot because of the startup times.
bruba - Good tip! Kudos for you!

-JerryG
JerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 10:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
cashen's Avatar
 
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruba View Post
You can kinda speed this up by hitting the center button after starting a program. It'll minimize a blank page and start loading the app. I know it's not quite what you mean, but I do this a lot because of the startup times.
I used this method also, but its just not the same! I hope a future update will add this function.

Also, it would be nice to open up the launcher without minimizing the current app into a card. This would so make it fast for opening apps in the background.
cashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 219
I just had a great thought.

You know how when you get a notification and you ignore it, it goes into a little icon in the bottom right corner? Minimized apps should be able to be flicked DOWNWARDS to minimize and then it appears as an icon in the notification area.

Then, when you want to maximize the app, just click it's icon.
Sunsparc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
cashen's Avatar
 
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
I just had a great thought.

You know how when you get a notification and you ignore it, it goes into a little icon in the bottom right corner? Minimized apps should be able to be flicked DOWNWARDS to minimize and then it appears as an icon in the notification area.

Then, when you want to maximize the app, just click it's icon.
Nice idea! I have tried to flick apps down for some time now, i didnt know what i thought it should do, but i thought it should do something.
cashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
metsfan's Avatar
 
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashen View Post
Also, it would be nice to open up the launcher without minimizing the current app into a card. This would so make it fast for opening apps in the background.
You can open the launcher without minimizing the current app. Do an up gesture while any app is open, and hold your finger on the screen instead of letting go after the gesture. It brings up the icons from the bar at the bottom of the launcher, and the one all the way on the right will bring up the launcher without minimizing the other app. When you launch something, though, the other app does get minimized.
__________________
Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
metsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2009, 12:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan View Post
You can open the launcher without minimizing the current app. Do an up gesture while any app is open, and hold your finger on the screen instead of letting go after the gesture. It brings up the icons from the bar at the bottom of the launcher, and the one all the way on the right will bring up the launcher without minimizing the other app. When you launch something, though, the other app does get minimized.
I do this all the time, I hate swiping up twice just to get to the launcher. I didn't like the wave launcher at first, but I find myself using it more and more.
the_lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0