Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    This may be a easy fix but how do you move backjwards? For instance if you use the apps catalogue and click on an app, how do you just move backwards to see the whole list of apps, rather than closing and reopening the apps catalogue. Or in contacts if I click on a contact and decide it is the wrong one, how do i easily go back to the alphabetical listing without closing the contact and reopening the whole contact list?I know I can type in a name, I'm just trying to determine how one goes backwards)
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    This is where gestures come into play. Simply swipe to the left in the gesture area and you should be good to go. You can do this to keep going back as far as needed in an app.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Nope it doesn't work. For example go to the apps icon, click on it, you get featured. Click on the first one-AP news, you decide it is not what you wanted. Left swipe does not do anything. i have to shrink and swipe up to clear and than reopen apps
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Works for me. I clicked App Catalog, selected AP News, left swipe went back to top of App Catalog (where I was).
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    The back swipe gesture should how you would do what you are asking.

If you are having issues, I'd run a test on the gesture area to make sure it is working properly.

Go to "Device Info"
    Click "More Info"
    Go to the menu click "Interactive Tests"
    The second test in the list should be "Touch Sensors" and should help you determine if your gesture area is bad.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmwesq View Post
    Nope it doesn't work. For example go to the apps icon, click on it, you get featured. Click on the first one-AP news, you decide it is not what you wanted. Left swipe does not do anything. i have to shrink and swipe up to clear and than reopen apps
    Works for me as well. Make sure you're performing the backward swipes in the gesture area (on either side of the round center button) and not on the screen.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter View Post
    Works for me as well. Make sure you're performing the backward swipes in the gesture area (on either side of the round center button) and not on the screen.
    I think you are right, they are not using the gesture area, but the screen.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    To be clear:

Here is a youtube vid on some annoying guy talking about gestures. The first one he talks about is the back gesture.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    thank you all it took a reset and all is fine now
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back.
    YOU CAN! Look at that, that's nifty.
    /mademyday
    rooting with putty but stuck on the beggining need help
    to chang ialer is there no link like for ipk to just add it that way
    Having problems installing file coaster, any help? it's says the file is missing or haven't been created yet.