Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had crashing and hanging and failure to lock onto GPS almost every time I've tried to use the sprint navigation app. Also, I don't think there's any way to look at a full list of turn-by-turn directions. Am I wrong?

Meanwhile, every time I've had a problem getting Sprint Nav to work, I just switch over to Google Maps. Google's app is much much better. GPS lock is fine, searches are instantaneous, and turn-by-turn directions are easy to read. The only limitation is that Google Maps won't talk to you.

If you have any advice for making sprint navigation suck less, I'm all ears.
    I think its just you, it works great for me. Click the screen and go to "Trip and Traffic Summary" and you'll get the text directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik2009 View Post
    I've had crashing and hanging and failure to lock onto GPS almost every time I've tried to use the sprint navigation app. Also, I don't think there's any way to look at a full list of turn-by-turn directions. Am I wrong?

Meanwhile, every time I've had a problem getting Sprint Nav to work, I just switch over to Google Maps. Google's app is much much better. GPS lock is fine, searches are instantaneous, and turn-by-turn directions are easy to read. The only limitation is that Google Maps won't talk to you.

If you have any advice for making sprint navigation suck less, I'm all ears.
    I love it, it has always been great for me.

To view the full list of turns, click on the map after you started your navigation session and then click one of the buttons that shows up there (It's called trip summary or something like that).

I've never had a problem with GPS locks either. If GPS works in Google Maps for you it should work in Sprint Nav.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Works great for me as long as I'm in at least an OK data network.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Works great for me. No crashed even when I use it while streaming Pandora and checking emails. I was really quite surprised.
    Me and some friends went up to orlando for the 4th of july festivities, we rented a house, when everyone punched in the address on their smart phone GPS's (1 iphone 3g, 1 iphone 3gs, 1 Blackberry Curve and of course my pre). NO one was able to to find the address... except for my pre... YAY right?
    We venture out to the provided directions, when we arrive, we call our friends whom were already to come out and help us in, they call us back and say they dont see us. When i check the address, the navigation didnt find the provided address so the pre decided to reroute us to another similar address (40 minutes out of the way!!!!)

and everyone in the car was mad jocking the pre, listening to my music, watching me send emails and text seemlessly while driving, also watching Charlie the unicorn without missing a beat on youtube...
    Its just you...I think its one of Sprints best apps, and Ive used it quite a bit and never had a problem with it.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks - that "trip and traffic summary" thing is a great tip.

If you have never had problems with this app, can I ask a question?

Do you allow Auto Locate in Location Services?

I don't, and I wonder if that might be part of the reason why I'm having problems.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkmonst3r View Post
    When i check the address, the navigation didnt find the provided address so the pre decided to reroute us to another similar address (40 minutes out of the way!!!!)
    Bummer! But I think there's enough blame to go around in that case.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik2009 View Post
    Thanks - that "trip and traffic summary" thing is a great tip.

If you have never had problems with this app, can I ask a question?

Do you allow Auto Locate in Location Services?

I don't, and I wonder if that might be part of the reason why I'm having problems.
    I don't allow it automatically but I allow Sprint Nav to use it when it asks.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Just you.
    Works fine for my wife and I.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    When you are almost at your destination. It doesn't display the actual address....? Just the street name, for example E 900 S

I can't find the final destination address unless I stop the trip on the Pre and go back to my saved address... Or am I missing something?

Other than that it has worked great. Found me within 5 seconds actually. Accurate directions all that good stuff.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I thought it would suck cause I love google so much. The sprint nav has more then surprised me it has brought shame to many garmins due to the size.
    Totally Disagree.

The App is amazing. Blows the gps for other carriers out the water.
    Everything you said that google maps is better at is completely wrong. Sprint Nav is faster, easier, audible, searchable, exc....
    I really would saybits just you because, aparently, you couldn't find thr step by step text directions. Which by the way include pics, unlike gmaps.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    It's you!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    it took me to my exgirlfriend's house instead of my girlfriend's house. i swear it was Sprint Navigation's fault.
  18. TFT
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Works OK for me, but it's no Garmin.
    Navigation has worked great for me on a trip to Tallahassee. I just wish it would show the current speed though (maybe it exists and I haven't found it yet.)
    Just you bud. Sprint Navigation is really, really awesome.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast