Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone want to wager as to when the next update is gonna happen?

I'm going with FRIDAY 7/10. Because, heh, I like Fridays
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    and I will go with not soon enough...
    today..because i think palm wants to make us happy. and i'm really tired of checking the app catalog every 2 mins.
    Friday, August 14th
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
    today..because i think palm wants to make us happy. and i'm really tired of checking the app catalog every 2 mins.
    You're preachin' to the choir... today would be fan-freakin'-tastic.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    I doubt the update will come on Friday as that is just a bad day to such things. Say something goes wrong you would have to bring people in over the weekend to fix it.
    Im gonna go with this Saturday and if your playing the Florida Lotto go with

22 24 2 15 11 9
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Lauderdale View Post

22 24 2 15 11 9
    My mom's in Florida... I'll send her out to play those numbers right away
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen76 View Post
    Friday, August 14th
    Crap. Seriously? Even for the items like getting email on exchange working? Will it be an enormous update?
    Regardless of update frequency I'm not expecting much actually changed in the OS experience wise until after the SDK is out.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I think the more important question is when will the next app be released. I am SHOCKED that we haven't seen a new app in weeks.
    I say July 14th at 11:35 am PST.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Monday for the update and the early developers app releases.
    I think that there are some relatively major bugs in WebOS that are being squashed, and that these are holding up the release of new applications. The recent degradations in performance (which I simply cannot believe aren't bug-related) alone are enough to tell me that's something's up. My guess is that there's a memory leak somewhere or some process that's sucking processor cycles, and until they fix it they're reluctant to introduce new variables into the equation (e.g., new applications).

I'm predicting 1.0.5 by the end of next week (that is, by 7/17), and then we'll see a whole slew of applications from early access developers. This will essentially constitute beta testing of the new App Catalog that will be introduced in 1.0.5 and in anticipation of the August release of the SDK.

Oh, and the Cub's won't win the World Series this season.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

Oh, and the Cub's won't win the World Series this season.
    HAHAHAHAHA AGREEEEED the Steve Bartman curse will stay alive as long as he lives on this earth!!!!!

22 24 2 15 11 9
    I'm in Florida..where'd you get these numbers from??? so random...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnell3 View Post
    I doubt the update will come on Friday as that is just a bad day to such things. Say something goes wrong you would have to bring people in over the weekend to fix it.
    True, but I believe it was 1.0.3 that was released on a Friday.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    HAHAHAHAHA AGREEEEED the Steve Bartman curse will stay alive as long as he lives on this earth!!!!!
    Easy fix for that
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Crap. Seriously? Even for the items like getting email on exchange working? Will it be an enormous update?

I just nearly doubled what I would consider an unreasonable update time (3 weeks) for an update.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast