Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. roninj's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
       #1  
    As a 2G iPhone veteran, I had to live through the days of no apps, and one of the things that got me through the dry period was bookmarklets. I have been looking for bookmarklets that work on the Pre, and so far, all those posted this link work. Have any of you found anything else that works? I would love to find a working autoscroll bookmarklet, though nothing I've tried so far works.
  2. #2  
    I'm not sure what you are talking about... the iPhone 2G always had an app store?
    Maybe you are speaking of the iPhone 1G that didn't?
  3. #3  
    Thanks OP!
  4. #4  
    How did you get the bookmarklets into you bookmarks list on the Pre?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    How did you get the bookmarklets into you bookmarks list on the Pre?
    Good question I got one bookmarked but it just endlessly opens the bookmark until I kill it. I bookmarked the find/highlighter if it works it would be SO USEFUL.

    Thanks
  6. #6  
    Yes, please do tell how you got these bookmarked on your Pre. They work when clicked from the page, but I'm at a loss as to how add them to the bookmark list (without rooting). As far as I know, there's no keyboard shortcut for bookmarking a link, and the menu obviously can't work for a link. Please don't tell me you entered the URL's by hand. I'd like to think no one's THAT masochistic.

    I did try opening the Find In This Page link in a new card, to see if I could bookmark it from there. But it just started endlessly opening new blank cards until I minimized everything, and threw all the cards away, faster than it could keep opening them. So that's definitely a dead end.

    So what's the secret?


    EDIT: OK, so I managed to get the link URL into a bookmark by E-mailing to myself from my PC, and then copying and pasting on the Pre. But it ended up with the same result. It just kept spawning endless blank pages. So again, what's the secret to making this work?
    Last edited by ABBlockhead; 07/10/2009 at 01:08 AM.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    I'm not sure what you are talking about... the iPhone 2G always had an app store?
    Maybe you are speaking of the iPhone 1G that didn't?
    The iPhone 2G is the first-gen iPhone, 2G speed verses the second-gen 3G speed.
  8. roninj's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
       #8  
    I thought of the same thing as you, and had the same result. Unless we can figure out why it works from the browser, we will have to wait until Palm adds more bookmark options.

    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    Yes, please do tell how you got these bookmarked on your Pre. They work when clicked from the page, but I'm at a loss as to how add them to the bookmark list (without rooting). As far as I know, there's no keyboard shortcut for bookmarking a link, and the menu obviously can't work for a link. Please don't tell me you entered the URL's by hand. I'd like to think no one's THAT masochistic.

    I did try opening the Find In This Page link in a new card, to see if I could bookmark it from there. But it just started endlessly opening new blank cards until I minimized everything, and threw all the cards away, faster than it could keep opening them. So that's definitely a dead end.

    So what's the secret?


    EDIT: OK, so I managed to get the link URL into a bookmark by E-mailing to myself from my PC, and then copying and pasting on the Pre. But it ended up with the same result. It just kept spawning endless blank pages. So again, what's the secret to making this work?
  9. #9  
    I just emailed myself the link to the LifeClever page, clicked on that link on my Pre and clicked each of 17 items on the page and they all worked. Now I'll just bookmark the LifeClever page...ain't pretty, but it seems to work for me...

    EDIT: ok, I lied, the "find images" doesn't work....
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tim.gier View Post
    Now I'll just bookmark the LifeClever page...ain't pretty, but it seems to work for me...
    How do you expect that to enable you to use the bookmarklets on any other pages? Or am I misunderstanding you?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    How do you expect that to enable you to use the bookmarklets on any other pages? Or am I misunderstanding you?
    You're right, the first five bookmarklets (at least) on the LifeClever page are pretty much useless the way I suggested to use them. The other 12 are usable, but I'm not really sure that using them this was saves any time or trouble....
  12. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #12  
    Has anyone been able to really use these, or just to test them on the website above? They work great if you click on them in the page, but they don't seem to if you've typed them into the address bar or as bookmarks in the browser.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  13. #13  
    Was anyone ever able to incorporate bookmarklets to work on any site? I'm specifically referring to the "find text" one.
  14. #14  
    Bump>>>>

    Anyone with success on this?
  15. #15  
    I haven't heard anything. It doesn't seem to have been included in the enhancements of webOS 2.0 either. I'm specifically referring to the "find in page" bookmarklet since that's a major feature webOS is lacking. I sure wish there was a way to add that function. I know PreFox has that capability but the app is extremely buggy...

    I wonder if anyone else has suggestions.
  16. #16  
    Would this allow you to run bookmarklets?:

    User-Defined Commands — Universal Search Command Line

Posting Permissions