webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Gmail suddenly rejecting login info
Gmail suddenly rejecting login info

Old 07/07/2009, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

I've had my Pre since launch, have had no problems other than 2 soft-reboots when trying to open too many cards at once. This morning I've been getting 'Login credentials rejected' on my main gmail account. My other gmail accouont syncs fine.

I did a cold reboot of the phone, still rejected. I tried deleting the gmail account and re-adding it, now I'm getting a 'web login required' when trying to manually setup the account as imap. Anyone else having issues? I have made no changes on this particular gmail account for several weeks, I did login via web to check and all the settings seem normal.
blastquake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

I too have had my Pre since launch. I havent had that exact issue but for both of my gmail accounts the last 2 days i havent been getting emails near as fast. In my business i need emails within 2 or 3 mins of them hitting the server and up until yesterday both of my IMAP setup gmails were hitting my pre very quickly. I dunno whats changed. when i manually refresh the email account on the Pre is pops up all the emails it missed for like the last 1/2 hour. I know its not losing internet connection and i havent changed my location.. dunno whats up
xemtra#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

You haven't put your device into Airplane Mode in the last 24hous by any chance?
Milenkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

mine actually was in airplane mode, but it must have hit a key by mistake, but no its not in airplane mode when this is happening and im not getting emails. I just tried turning off WiFi and it seems to be working fine so far. so i dunno if my router is screwing with the Pre or what. I havent changed anything but maybe the Pre is having issues switching between multiple connections and re establishing connections. ie between wifi and EVdo ect.
xemtra#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xemtra View Post
mine actually was in airplane mode, but it must have hit a key by mistake, but no its not in airplane mode when this is happening and im not getting emails. I just tried turning off WiFi and it seems to be working fine so far. so i dunno if my router is screwing with the Pre or what. I havent changed anything but maybe the Pre is having issues switching between multiple connections and re establishing connections. ie between wifi and EVdo ect.
This happened to me last week. I switched my phone to Airplane mode by accident then switched it back. I had all sorts of issues trying to authenticate to gmail after that. it must be some obscure bug or something. I eventually changed my gmail password on my account and then changed it on the Pre and then it was fine.
Milenkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 04:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have not had my Pre in airplane mode. I attempted to re-add my gmail account 3 more times, the 3rd time it caught properly and seems to be working now. It may be fallout from Google taking gmail and apps out of beta perhaps, or just the voodoo hex from my iPhone worshipping coworker landed. Either way I'm hoping that it doersn't bugout again. Still loving the Pre.

Last edited by blastquake; 07/07/2009 at 04:43 PM.
blastquake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

I get this very irritating failure every so often (each week or two), on both my 650 phone AND my laptop and my desktop. I am using IMAP on gmail and Thunderbird on the laptop and PC to acces gmail.

The fix I have found is to log in to the account from a PC using my browser. During that login, I am required to fill in one of those distorted-text security fields.

Immediately after, everything is fine again until next time.
wasdvd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gmail athentication

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0