Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Since the Pre syncs with Facebook, is there any way to get notifications on birthdays? I know I can just enter each B-day into the calendar but it would be nice, since it is already in the contact info, if you could set a reminder.

Or is there an app that you could just enter b-days, anniversaries, etc like CT Birthday?

Thanks!
    I know... what is the whole point of having birthdays in your contacts under the birthday field, if it isn't gonna work as a reminder???? PALM ARE YOU READING THIS??? Why can't you just add this simple feature??? It is common sense...!!!!!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I know... what is the whole point of having birthdays in your contacts under the birthday field, if it isn't gonna work as a reminder???? PALM ARE YOU READING THIS??? Why can't you just add this simple feature??? It is common sense...!!!!!
    Agreed. I'm pretty sure these things will be addressed though. Let's face facts- Palm needed to sell the Pre in order to get revenue. Their most pressing issues had to be the finalization of the hardware, the OS usability, then the SDK, in that order. If the hardware's good, then software can fix glaring issues. Palm's stuck in a corner, but they're fighting. I for one, WANT to be with a company that is in their situation.

It means they'll listen or die.
    I think if we wait even just a few months, we'll see the updates like this included in WebOS. It's only been released for 1 month, and I like what I see so far, and with the featureset that we saw included with PalmOS previously, I'm sure things like these are in the roadmap for WebOS. At least, I hope they are!
    Let's not forget to put an Anniversary reminder in there too! I already missed my parents & today I nearly missed a birthday. The Pre is putting a strain on my relationships!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    931 Global Posts
    This needs addressed!!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Yea I hope this gets fixed in the future. For now I use google calendar for B-Day reminders.
    This would be really awesome. I've been thinking about this a lot lately since I moved all my task notifications to the calendar, and my tasks had birthday reminders. It would be really cool if i had reminders for ALL birthdays in my contacts without forcing them into the calendar, but really there's only 10-15 birthdays that I would actually care if I missed, so no big deal.