1.    #1  
    Anyone seen anything like this yet?
    Recently, my TM conversation with my GF has disappeared from the list of 'Conversations' in the messaging app. I can see other conversations. When she tm's me, and I tap on her message, I can see our conversation, but when I swipe to go back to the list, she doesn't appear in the list. To TM her, I have to do a new message. After the TM goes out, I can see our conversation again until I close the app or swipe back to go back to the list of conversations.
    I have tried resetting the phone and the situation carried through the 1.04 upgrade.
    Any thoughts?
    I have had the same issue! I would love some help on how to get the conversation to come back.
  3.    #3  
    I took the plunge and did a partial erase and a restart. Prior to this I did a sync to my Palm online account. Upon restart, the Pre automatically downloaded all my data again. I'm now able to view IM thread with my GF again! I suspect too that the problem lies with my accidentally sending IM to her landline. I think this may have confused the Pre.
    I have this same issue. If you start searching for the contacts name, the conversation will appear. What did you lose when you did the partial erase? I really don't want to have to reapple my patches / homebrew apps / photos & music, but if it's just a few items... I might just go ahead & do it.

EDIT:

Sorry about that, it tells me everything i need to know right there.

EDIT2:
    Uhhh... I must be having much bigger issues. I did the partial reset, & everything looked the same. I figured after a restart things would change. Well after the reset, everything is still intact, no need to Sync with Palm to get it back. My messaging issue remains. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Last edited by Veritas06; 08/07/2009 at 06:52 PM.
    So wierd that this exact issue is happening with texts from my GF as well lol...I actually joined this forum to propose the following situation:

I have an old conversation with a contact that has been ongoing for days/weeks. I text with them daily so I have never deleted the convo.

If I am in the messaging window texting the conversation is viewable once I send or receive a text from the contact.

If I backswipe to the list of conversations, their conversation is not in the list. Same thing happens if I close the messaging window with an upswipe.

Also, while in the conversation list screen, I receive texts from this contact but the message does not appear. (also no notification on the bottom of screen, only text alert sound) In order to see the message, I have to send an outgoing text to the contact so the conversation reappears in the messaging window.

I have restarted the phone several times with no change. Although I can not say exactly that this started after the latest WebOS update, I am certain that this is a new issue that was not always experienced. I just noticed it about 2-3days ago.

I've never messaged her landline phone, so I guess we could rule that out. I'm wondering if the OS is getting "overloaded" in some way due to the length of the conversation. I haven't cleared the conversation in over a month.
    Also, while in the conversation list screen, I receive texts from this contact but the message does not appear. (also no notification on the bottom of screen, only text alert sound) In order to see the message, I have to send an outgoing text to the contact so the conversation reappears in the messaging window.
    Start searching for her name, it'll appear...

Could the issue have to to do with the number of messages, like mhova21 said? It cannot be a coincidence that the three of us have the exact same issue... Yes, believe it or not my "hidden" conversation is my girlfriend's too. I used to keep the conversation saved for weeks, however recently i started deleting all conversations every few days. Then all of a sudden this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Start searching for her name, it'll appear...

Could the issue have to to do with the number of messages, like mhova21 said? It cannot be a coincidence that the three of us have the exact same issue... Yes, believe it or not my "hidden" conversation is my girlfriend's too. I used to keep the conversation saved for weeks, however recently i started deleting all conversations every few days. Then all of a sudden this happened.
    When I type her name, it does reappear temporarily...if I backspace her name it disappears again.

Seems that I can't delete the convo either. After typing her name, it appears, I swipe it to the right, hit delete. Then the next time I send/receive a text, the entire convo is still there.
    It'll disappear if you individually delete each message... however the conversation will still be hidden the next time it's started. I have no idea where to go from here =\
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I was able to 'fix' it by deleting the contact off my phone, and then re-adding them.
    Thanks, i'll give that a try.

EDIT:
    Thanks, worked great =]. I didn't even have to delete the contact, i just unlinked a few of her entries, check messaging, the thread was there, & then relinked them
    Last edited by Veritas06; 08/09/2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Worked
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Sad. I didn't have anything to unlink aside from the mobile number. Deleting just that didn't work.

Glad to hear it worked, and that you didn't need to clear out the entire contact. Guess I'll stop deleting my SMS conversations and see if that prevents it from happening again.
    I have been having this problem for a while. I tried some of your suggestions and the one that work for me was the following:

1. Unlink the profiles (I had a facebook and google contact profile)
    2. Delete the contact witht the phone number that I was texting.
    3. Added the contact

The contact now showed up in my conversations. PLease note that I tried to delete the contact while still linked and then readded. This didn't work. I had to unlink the profiles first.

Just my $.02.

Thanks!
    i deleted the contacts that wouldnt show sent them a text then once i got a reply and it showed in the messaging app...i re-added the contact and linked any other necessary profiles....worked for me
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    That^^^ becomes so redundant!

I have had over 25 conversations disappear on me AFTER I fix them...over and over again.

Palm needs to whip up a permanent fix because "fixing" this ourselves continuously gets very very old....
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've had the same issue. I think its quick contacts (the app) related. When I go to the messaging icon in quick contacts for the contact that has missing messages I can see their texts.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This has happened to me only after I "deleted" Their messages only to fine our it looks like it Hid the messages and not deleted them. Does anyone have a fix on how to "unhide" them?
    Quick contacts?

Anyone heard of any REAL fix that doesn't involve modifying 100 contacts?

Any known correlation to any Sw/Fw/Hw rev? Happened to the contacts that I've been msging for months - could be size related.