Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Seriously, it doesn't load up at my last location I was at, it has no memory or history, I can't point to a spot on the map to navigate a custom routes or specific locations. Among a few other annoying things my last like 5 smartphones all had. Why do we get the crappy version? Is it because of the programming language they had to use?
    Can you download an unsigned version?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    The programming language is Javascript and HTML. The features just havent' been added yet, they will be. Give it time.
    Yea, more features will be added in time. You could always mod the app yourself lol...
    The thing I want the most is walking directions.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I am thankful that it has a free and working Google map app in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Meh, like most stuff on this phone, I expected more. Clunky, slow, no street view, no way to say yes to locator after a previous "no", no walking or transit, no pins. Should interact with other apps better, too.

Weak.

n8
    I wouldnt say it sucks but it does need work like most of the included apps and OS.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Last time I checked Google maps was always free.

Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I wouldnt say it sucks but it does need work like most of the included apps and OS.
    So in other words...IT SUCKS!!!
    You forgot no latitude, no history and no bookmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    Meh, like most stuff on this phone, I expected more. Clunky, slow, no street view, no way to say yes to locator after a previous "no", no walking or transit, no pins. Should interact with other apps better, too.

Weak.

n8
    It is lacking in some features. I want the streetview, drag & drop custom location, and route configurability.
    Besides being able to show a map and searches for places on the map, it cant do anything. The app cannot even load without a network connection, EVERYTHING is web based, even the menus.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I thought it was quite pleasant when I had the Pre. It was clean and elegant by comparison to other versions, even the iPhone. It has the best aesthetics of any version really.

I think it will be expanded, but by no means did it suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    ditto.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    What am I missing? SprintNav no good? My finding is its far superior to google maps.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Google Maps on most other platforms includes transit directions, which I found to be indispensibile on my Curve. I can't even browse to Google Transit without being routed back to the crippled Pre version of google maps. Sprint Nav is great for driving but useless for those of us who use public transportation.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnutty View Post
    What am I missing? SprintNav no good? My finding is its far superior to google maps.
    SprintNav is nice for driving, but when it comes to walking/public transit, Google Maps is better. Well, at least it was on my BB. It's too bad Palm/Google did not implement more features.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Can someone enlighten me on whether the Google Maps is implemented better on other systems?

I thought the Google Maps on the Pre was easy to use and had all the features I was looking for.

Also, the Sprint Navigation was implemented very well, it has definitely replaced my Garmin.

As for directions, you can enter any start address and end address you want. Do other platforms allow the user to click on any map location for start and end addresses?
    Compared to what I had on my Centro, it's a dream.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Are you sure? I've been playing with Google's walking directions when using Google Transit and I have to say they are just awful! They need to work on getting better information of public buildings (i.e. train stations) and all sorts of things.

Anyway, yes the Google Maps application for the Pre is seriously lacking, but I expect in 6 to 12 months the application will get some serious upgrades. For me the biggest feature that is missing is Google Transit. Los Angeles Metro just launched Google Transit and so now I'm trying to get a temporary iPhone until a Palm OS device gets on Verizon instead of going to Sprint and then switching to Verizon. Oh, I should mention my iPhone broke and I've been using a Samsung dumphone for several months now

I'm not sure if there is a pin dropping feature on the Google Maps application either, I know that was super useful when I used it on the iPhone though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast