webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Flashing Roms
Flashing Roms

Old 07/05/2009, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all, I come from a Sprint diamond where I would flash different roms to it all the time as it was a windows mobile phone. Will we be able to flash roms to our pre's in time, or is that only a windows mobile thing? thanks
jon6535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2009, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

In theory, because it's a Linux based phone it should be possible to load practically anything on the phone. Given that it's Linux based you should be able to modify the system to perform however you want without actually loading new ROMs on there. Check out the Pre Dev Wiki for more information: ht tp:// predev.wikidot .com
RoyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2009, 02:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks, im gonna go read predev.wikidot .com right now. I cant wait to see what can be done with webos
jon6535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2009, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon6535 View Post
thanks, im gonna go read predev.wikidot .com right now. I cant wait to see what can be done with webos
Development isn't as far a long as winmo yet, but the potential is there for sure, I'd also love to see some custom roms so that we dont have to make 200 manual changes to get what we want....
mdmogren is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0