1.    #1  
    It seems that if you put more than 50 ringers in /media/internal/ringtones/ only 50 show up in the lists when using "sounds and ringtones" or "my notification".

I've been grep'ing through the code for 50 and 0x32 but have not located the file that is limiting the ringer lists. I found several possible candidates, but so far changing the values have not made a difference.

Has anyone found what is limiting this count?

-Brian
    Why on earth would you need more than 50 ringers?
  3.    #3  
    Oh God here it comes...

"Because" I would. Why do you need more than 50 mp3 songs? 50 pictures? 50 backgrounds? 50 Applications? 50 Games?

The point is it is an artificial limit that should either not be there, or be higher. And I would like to change it. =)

-Brian
    I dunno, but can't you use mp3's from your music collection, so technically there is no limit?
  5.    #5  
    That is true, but I really didn't want a ringer list in the mp3 song list. Kinda like to keep those separated =). Would suck to listen to the shuffle list, and then head a phone ringing sound.

-Brian
    How do I get to the ringers to see and change them??
    I have a folder with all my ringtones for like the past 2 or 3 phones i've had, so it's filled with like 150+ i think. Yes, i'm sure there's some in there i don't need, but like btuchten said, why should we be limited to just 50? I just want to have the ability to choose from any amount of ringers i have.

Is there some way we can get folders there? Maybe split the ringtones into folders (with up to 50 in each directory)? Not really up to date on what's possible for this part. Just throwing an idea out there
    I'll agree in principle that the limit of 50 is silly. Arbitrary limits like that should not exist in ANY computing device. However, I'm mildly curious to know what one would do with that many ringers, limit or no limit. Do you assign a different ringer to every single person you know or something?

I'm not trying to be snarky here; I genuinely want to know. So please no "just because" answers, thanks. I already agree with "just because". I'm just fishing for ideas here. Anyone care to explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by btuchten View Post
    It seems that if you put more than 50 ringers in /media/internal/ringtones/ only 50 show up in the lists when using "sounds and ringtones" or "my notification".

I've been grep'ing through the code for 50 and 0x32 but have not located the file that is limiting the ringer lists. I found several possible candidates, but so far changing the values have not made a difference.

-Brian
    Is all you are wanting to do is see the list available? If this is the case I do not know yet what is limiting the list.

However, just FYI, the ringtones are still there. Start typing the name of the ringtone and you will still be able to assign certain ringtones that are not in the list. Just thought I would throw this out there for general information.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Is all you are wanting to do is see the list available? If this is the case I do not know yet what is limiting the list.

However, just FYI, the ringtones are still there. Start typing the name of the ringtone and you will still be able to assign certain ringtones that are not in the list. Just thought I would throw this out there for general information.
    Wow, thanks. Now i just need a list of what ringtones i actually have =P (Hopefully Evernote can play a role here). Now i still have access to all my ringtones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Wow, thanks. Now i just need a list of what ringtones i actually have =P (Hopefully Evernote can play a role here). Now i still have access to all my ringtones!
    No problem. I am banking on a third party file explorer app to be created as soon as the sdk is released. Until then, I rely on usb mode to view all of the ringtones I have on the phone.
    Is there a share your RINGTONES Thread?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

The point is it is an artificial limit that should either not be there, or be higher. And I would like to change it. =)

-Brian
    Bump this.

Already type in to access those not visible but loaded, so just waiting for a amenable and transparent fix.
    I have a ringtone for each contact, but never noticed this 'limitation,' since I always searched using the keyboard.
    I don't know if this will help solve the issue but I just ran across this snooping the files for to see what I could learn in general:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/files-assistant.jsjsjs

Very near the beginning in the in the class.create there is a segment setup: function with a comment //list in it and a line lookahead: 50. I don't have any additional ringers on my pre let along files enough to put over 50 on mine. But this line or this file may be a key in figuring out what to modify.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

-Brian
    Brian, this officially means that you love your pre!