webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > iPalm WebOS for iphone
iPalm WebOS for iphone

Old 07/04/2009, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Someone modded the iphones theme that has Cards!! Blasphemy!!!
Anyway it uses backgrounder for multitasking, but i don't think it can flick to end the cards. But anyway, here is the Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MeOw8zmh2c
murdermajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Palm knows it's arrived when the iPhone starts copying them...
coolbreeze78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

lol
murdermajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Pretty cool, but it doesn't look as slick as it does on the Pre.

Nice to see Pre envy in the iPhone community though.
sweet greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Having webos on the iphone 3gs hardware might be doable. They use the same cpu and graphic chipset. It would be cool...
mikesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 03:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

I guess life sucks when all you've got is an iPhone. But hey, it's got a pic of an apple on the back, right? ... Whatever.
ronlongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 04:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

The demo I saw of this seemed to show a more responsive Iphone screen however (i.e., finger movement of phone keyboard).
jtiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 05:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Finally.....a WebOS device with a usable keyboard.
mobileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 05:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
Must be a user error.
Elysian893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 05:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

if they keep the name webOS in that mod its a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Mikest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 05:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
I guess life sucks when all you've got is an iPhone. But hey, it's got a pic of an apple on the back, right? ... Whatever.
C'mon now. We don't have to make this personal do we? If the iPhone didn't exist neither would the Pre. Can't we all just get along?
Old 07/04/2009, 07:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
Palm knows it's arrived when the iPhone starts copying them...
Palm knows it has arrived when someone mods a jailbroken phone to be like WebOS? Let's wait til Apple actually does something to this effect.
purefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2009, 08:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Man you guys make everything so personal. And if you havent noticed WebOS is heavily influenced from the iPhone OS.
twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by Aridon, mbizzle
Old 07/05/2009, 02:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigg View Post
Man you guys make everything so personal. And if you havent noticed WebOS is heavily influenced from the iPhone OS.
Contrary to what you may think Apple DID NOT invent eveything. Personally, I see PalmOS influence in the iPhone.
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by Eguy, vanadium
Old 07/05/2009, 02:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
You call THAT a usable keyboard? The terrible portrait keyboard on the iPhone is what kept me from switching to AT&T and getting one when my contract was up in February. Granted, the new landscape keyboard is very nice and easy to use, but I couldn't type on the portrait keyboard for crap. I find the Pre's keyboard much easier to use than the old iPhone portrait keyboard.
erod550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2009, 02:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
Contrary to what you may think Apple DID NOT invent eveything. Personally, I see PalmOS influence in the iPhone.
I'm pretty sure he understands that. Everyone does. But you cannot deny that the Pre would not exist were it not for the iPhone. Had Apple never created a phone division, it is unlikely Rubinstein would have been hired at Palm, coming from a company with no cell phone experience. We all know what Palm had originally planned for the Pre, a resistive touch screen and who knows what else. Perhaps you are also right, maybe the iPhone would not exist without PalmOS? The point we are trying to make is both devices inspired the opposing companies to up their game. And when companies compete for our business, we win. So why there is such hostility for each other is beyond me.
Old 07/05/2009, 03:04 AM   #17 (permalink)

But then again, why would you take a jab at the iPhone personal? Does the iPhone define your identity? I would hope that you wouldn't take any criticism of something you like to be a personal attack on your character.
erod550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2009, 03:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
But then again, why would you take a jab at the iPhone personal? Does the iPhone define your identity? I would hope that you wouldn't take any criticism of something you like to be a personal attack on your character.
Forgive me if I misinterpreted the person I was responding to, but it sounded more like a shot at the users than the phone itself. My apologies.

Last edited by Wynd; 07/05/2009 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Typo.
Wynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2009, 03:54 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
I thought Steve Jobs created the Earth as we know it?

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
If you have an iTouch click me.
Eguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0