Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I sometimes keep my messaging app up, but that's all. I close most apps after I'm done using them, but I should probably keep more open so my load time isn't so long every time I check my email or click a notification. It has helped keep my battery life down, though.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    At work I usually keep Pandora, messaging, Weather Channel Mobile, and sometimes email open most of the day. I close them all out when I leave for lunch or for the day.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    I don't typically leave cards open when I'm not using them; however, I frequently use more than one card at a time, so I'm very glad the functionality is there. For example, I typically need to access my calendar to schedule events via email, so being able to quickly switch from one to another is convenient. Also, I will frequently listen to an audiobook while driving, which is neat while being able to use Sprint Nav.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i know that i should keep the cards open, but i like looking at the wallpaper so much i always end up closing the cards *just* so i can see the wallpaper uncluttered. if only there were a way to swipe the cards off to the side so that only a little edge of the last card is visible. that way the wallpaper "desktop" remains uncluttered, while the cards are still open. thoughts?
    I wanted this too...what I ended up doing was having the photo app open and selected the picture that I liked. Then all your apps are open AND you get a full picture of what you want.
    i know that i should keep the cards open, but i like looking at the wallpaper so much i always end up closing the cards *just* so i can see the wallpaper uncluttered. if only there were a way to swipe the cards off to the side so that only a little edge of the last card is visible. that way the wallpaper "desktop" remains uncluttered, while the cards are still open. thoughts?
    Yes I would like to see this too.
    Swiping cards off the top the screen is like a mini-game! It's one of my favorite activities with this thing!!!!
    now that i got back to google reader, that card is also always open.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    email to keep the landscape mode intact.

AppCatalog for the vain attempt to see what new apps are posted. (it has to be refreshed though)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Would it plausible to think that keeping apps open actually helps conserve battery life? I assume the lag in opening means that the processor is working or the app is being written to working memory or cache (help? tech explanation needed) or something. Would the energy expenditure saved by not opening and closing apps repeatedly outweigh that used by a web-intensive app polling the net regularly?
    Last edited by Goyena; 07/08/2009 at 09:13 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I like keeping my email app open so I don't have to keep doing the "RocknRollHax" code over and over again...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  11. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    Swiping cards off the top the screen is like a mini-game! It's one of my favorite activities with this thing!!!!
    Yesssssss! I will never get tired of that whoosh sound!
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    How did you get your battery to last that long?? mine barely lasts a 3/4 of a single day!
    Just a few phone calls, 3-4 texts, didn't email anyone ( I only send an e-mail maybe once a month), wifi on, no gps..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    I like keeping my email app open so I don't have to keep doing the "RocknRollHax" code over and over again...
    if you follow the wiki you wont have to worry about that
    i keep the dialer, calendar, messaging, and email open. I like keeping the main view at the calendar so that it tells me my next few hours schedule. However, it sucks that it doesnt update to realtime and I will have to go in and give it a quick flip to advance to the next set of hours. If Palm fixes this, I will be impressed. I like having the ability to view my day's schedule right on the mainpage as I am sure other ex-winmo users are....
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theromanone View Post
    Does accuweather keep connected to the web, sending info the whole time, like say Pandora? That'd be really nice to keep open if it doesn't.
    I don't think it does, which makes it pointless to keep open. Also a near-pointless app especially when you consider that the forecast and current temp isn't that accurate.
    i normally keep one or two cards open throughout most of the day
    There's an app for that. Clear Card.
  18. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurtw View Post
    There's an app for that. Clear Card.

Cool idea! Unfortunately it costs $1 and therefore not available in Canada etc
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I only keep a card open if its for a map/navigation or a web page I may be interested in later. Other than that I like to keep my desktop nice clean and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    How did you get your battery to last that long?? mine barely lasts a 3/4 of a single day!
    I want to know too!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12