webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > New Apps are finally coming soon?
New Apps are finally coming soon?

Old 07/03/2009, 04:14 PM   #21 (permalink)

People have built-in fart apps. I do not know why we still need it for our smartphones.
jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 04:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

I think we need fart apps.

This way we can compare "Pre's fart apps vs. Iphone fart apps"...

I can see the headlines now.

"Who can fart the best"?

How about.. "To shart or not to shart.. Who blows the best air"...

Hmmmm...?
JohnnyPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: runukraine
Old 07/03/2009, 04:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

This is great news. I need an app to walk my dog.
Auberon Barnable is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: comiken205
Old 07/03/2009, 04:32 PM   #24 (permalink)

We all know the iPhone has many useless apps and I would hate to see Palm come out with useless ones instead of concentrating on apps that will make the phone better. (Slingplayer, Facebook, Logmein, Orb, etc.) Out of the 50k apps on the iPhone, there are only about 2k apps that are useful. Put out quality apps instead of quantity.
Old 07/03/2009, 04:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
Please no fart app! Make the apps useful!
I would indeed like to see at a couple fart apps... com'on not like 90% of the selection... but sometimes that's funny
tman9476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 04:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
Just keep in mind the iPhone had NO app store when it was first released. Stop acting like brats and be patient. Sheeeesh.
I wish Palm and everyone else would stop touting this. It's meaningless. Palm is NOT competing against the Iphone 2 years ago, it is competing against the Iphone and Android TODAY, both of which have an SDK and plenty of apps.

I'll hope that this is remedied soon. Another big win for Palm here would be friendliness to the homebrewers, which I'm already seeing budding. Keep that going and they'll have a huge win once things start going.
nitrogen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 04:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

you know the ol saying..

Build it and they will come.

Did steve jobs say that? Bill Gates right...

Jobs knew what he was talking about. There will always be apps that are useless to you bit another person treasure.

Do you realize the laughs the fart app generates to kids?

As a business man, I thought the fart app was brilloant. (@ first... From a business perspective.. A good fab with money to be made)

Is it useful? No. Is a slot machine or video game useful to you? Maybe not... Maybe soo. Each their own.
JohnnyPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: technoviking
Old 07/03/2009, 04:43 PM   #28 (permalink)

THANK YOU NITRO for saying that because everyone needs to know that palm is competing in the present not against past smartphones.
d0llarm3nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 04:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
The Pre competes today, with what is available now, not two years ago. So no we will keep the pressure on Palm to compete and not just be patient.

I mean be patient as they know that everybody wants apps and they have been working on them on top of handling quality control issues and more. They are coming so be patient.

Last edited by palandri; 07/04/2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Language
niospecv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 04:47 PM   #30 (permalink)

I just want something new thats FUN.
zna03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 04:48 PM   #31 (permalink)

PS I'll take 200 fart apps if it means that I can get all the apps I really want, plus the features from webos I want (either from palm or 3rd parties)
nitrogen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 04:55 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
I think every platform should.have a fartapp.
It can be named prefart

cashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 04:56 PM   #33 (permalink)

already have 2 fart apps entering development here. Also a few more useless apps to have fun with. On the other hand we have some very usefull apps being developed (as in non fart apps, utilities etc) We need to have some apps to have fun with and some to help us do things.
Old 07/03/2009, 05:00 PM   #34 (permalink)

On another note to, if we want to reach the younger crowd with teh pre, we need to keep them happy.
Old 07/03/2009, 05:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

Funny how most of the messages in this thread are about fart apps
d0llarm3nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 05:20 PM   #36 (permalink)

There are a lot of applications that I see as important from my Treo days (yeah, I know it was just 3.5 weeks ago), but I think that Palm approve test and approval process should be in tiered steps:

1) Test and flood with the homebrew applications that forums show people were back-dooring or hacking their phones to get. Especially those that gave functionality that customers think should have come with the phone. Quick examples would be:
* Proper bluetooth protocol that would allow you to connect to devices other than headset and allow you to send a receive files.
* Ability to change alerts, ring tones, etc.
* Full copy and paste ability
*TextPlus (a text completer app ++)
* Voice Dialer
* Video recorder
* Voice recorder

2)After that, we get to everyone's I will be patient, but what I really want for Xmas is:
The big selling and long standing apps from Palm OS and Windows mobile:
Doc to Go (I'm ok with what's available, but need the full function)
SplashID (I'm please with what's available, but like the full function)
MyBible
audible.com
A Book reader
Splash Shopper
Pocket Quicken
Tether ability. Convince Sprint to charge $10-$15 per month for it, that's what VZW does and they make mint.

3) Those promising apps that developers are dieing to lay on you. You may want to let random customers select their top 5-10.
*visual voice mail
* writer's notebook (the promising app for writers that counted pages and kept track of characters)
** Look at the various Pre forums apps wish list and approve based on the needs or wishes listed by current Pre customers.

4)Then look at what's hot for the business serious oriented apple user. That's right, having set-up your base, you can now look at what keeps people with the competition:
*What song am I listening to
*Name that bird or plant
* taxi in a strange place
* Metro link (app that tells you public transit schedule in various towns. It should work like AccuWeather so that you can set it for whatever city you're in).

Having said all that. I love my Pre. SplashID and Classic makes it possible for me to wait. Without them, I couldn't have made the move. Thanks-Palm, thanks-Classic( motionApps)and thanks DataViz.
bdhu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 05:23 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen76 View Post
I wish Palm and everyone else would stop touting this. It's meaningless. Palm is NOT competing against the Iphone 2 years ago, it is competing against the Iphone and Android TODAY, both of which have an SDK and plenty of apps.

I'll hope that this is remedied soon. Another big win for Palm here would be friendliness to the homebrewers, which I'm already seeing budding. Keep that going and they'll have a huge win once things start going.
amen
ajrohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 05:41 PM   #38 (permalink)

please let this be true. im on the fence and making my decision about the palm pre on july 12th. i have been waiting for a sign or big announcement.
prefanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 05:43 PM   #39 (permalink)

There will be no visual voicemail unless sprint reaches a deal with the company that owns the patent on it.

We can tether now for free . I would pay for it though, but since they don't even offer it....

Google docs online works AWESOME! I will not pay for an upgrade to something we already should have.
Old 07/03/2009, 05:46 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
please let this be true. im on the fence and making my decision about the palm pre on july 12th. i have been waiting for a sign or big announcement.
Dude, WebOS is here to stay. we will get all the apps we need in the near future. I look at it like this, which platform has the more potential? I think WebOS and Android have the that won hands down. Androids's devices are ugly. So, the Pre wins by a landslide.

my 2 pennies

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0