Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I mean in day view (not in week view - I'm not a total *****).
    On my E2 the day view has a "day selector" (you know <SMTWTFS>) and pushing the arrow at the end jumps one week in that direction. i use this a lot. can i do something similar on the pre? it's a pain to switch to week view and back, or to swipe seven times (or to use "jump to").
    thanks, all
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Is there a reason no one is answering this? (something i'm missing?)
    I just got my pre yesterday and was looking for a smiliar feature and couldnt find it... Like many things about the Calendar, it seems this was left out too
    Quote Originally Posted by erleb View Post
    Is there a reason no one is answering this? (something i'm missing?)
    I find most people are asleep between 2am and 7am.....

Click the date at the top of the screen and pick the day you want to jump to.
    the calendar app needs to be redone. palm went backwards on this app.
    Maybe I'm not reading your question right, but if you are in the week view, you can swipe one week ahead or back. If you are in the day view you swipe on day forward or back.

If you are the month view you have to swipe up and down NOT across (or sideways, left to right).

Or from the pull down menu you are go to any date.

But your right the calendar needs work.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

The only way I know how to skip forward one week is with a flux capacitor.
    Rob's right on this one just swipe your finger for forward or back.
  9. kmk
    Palm def went backwards on this one..... swiping is to slow (for a power cal user) and there is no search for cal events. (In my opinion) 755p PIM is much better/usable for corp use. In time I guess....
    I haven't noticed a way to do this...I've just been going to month or week view and choosing the day I want
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    The only way I know how to skip forward one week is with a flux capacitor.
    This made me laugh. RUN FOR IT MARTY, THE LIBIANS!

As Rob said, I can jump forward a week by swiping and for me it's instant so I'm not sure how they can make it any faster.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BKP65 View Post
    Rob's right on this one just swipe your finger for forward or back.
    Allow me to clarify for those who misunderstood. I KNOW you can skip forward by swiping.. BUT - say it's monday, i'm in day view, and i want to know what i'm doing next monday. I now need to switch to week view, swipe one week forward, select monday and revert to day view. To me this does not sound convenient. I used to be able to skip forward one week (no flux capacitatior - nice one) or backward one week and not leave day view - which to me is the only one of any use.
    anyway, i'm pretty sure there's no solution - i just wanted make the OP clear.
    You can add this to the long list of current shortcomings in the calendar app. All told, there are some pretty incredible omissions. Inability to change weeks from the day view is among the more mild.