Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Lack of Favorites Pages. One of the best things about the Treo and Centro was the Favorites pages. I could call anyone I put on one of the 5 pages with just a few pushes of the button. But now I have to go into my contacts and search then find then select. Hard to do when Iím driving and I have 200+ contacts some with 3 or 4 phone numbers.Ö

Also in SMS it would only show the mobile numbers. Now it shows all numbers.

Or am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    And Yes I know I can add contacts to my Launcher. Just seams like a FAST way to clutter it up..
    Predev.wikidot.com Read:adding pages to launcher.
    Maybe I'm really dumb, but the 'prediv.wikidot.com' site is way over my head. Clearly i'm missing something. What do I do with that text 'patch' on the add/delete pages from the launcher page? Is there no simpler way to add a favorites page? Missing that is a big deal to me. Even the Instinct had favorites...and it was crap! Of course it also had visual voicemail . . .
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> PPC 6700 --> Treo 700wx --> Samsung Instinct --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ch0de_Stl View Post
    Lack of Favorites Pages. One of the best things about the Treo and Centro was the Favorites pages. I could call anyone I put on one of the 5 pages with just a few pushes of the button. But now I have to go into my contacts and search then find then select. Hard to do when Iím driving and I have 200+ contacts some with 3 or 4 phone numbers.Ö

Also in SMS it would only show the mobile numbers. Now it shows all numbers.

Or am I missing something?
    How about you type the first couple letters of their name and let search do the work of finding them? Yes I understand you are driving, but that really isn't any different then what you want, you have to take your eyes off the road either way.
    I think I speak for most treo users when I say that the best feature of my treo was the favs page. Typing the first few letters is effective, but just not the same.
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> PPC 6700 --> Treo 700wx --> Samsung Instinct --> Palm Pre
    I am just coming into this major flaw now. I guess the big difference from either Treo or Centro to Pre re: favorites, is the previous were one solid piece, so even IF you had to use the keyboard while driving, you could easily do it with one hand.

On PRE you have to first slide open the phone, THEN start typing..

I am just shaking my head in dis belief that there is NO favorites, or a way to easily add a contact to one of the launcher pages..

What WERE they thinking???

I sure would love to see that corrected in the next update..

I have read a few posts here about dragging a contact to the launcher, but I sure cant see or figure out how..
    I stand (or sit) corrected..
    Another example of even the Palm Tech Support NOT knowing the features of this device as well as some of the smart posters on this forum.

After reading all I could regarding getting some easy one handed way of quickly dialing a contact while driving, I finally resorted to calling Palm Support. Im still in my 90 days of free support, so I figured go right to the source, right?

Wrong..

Here is the exact question I asked: "How can I get a contact from my contacts to be saved as an item on my launcher, so I can quickly access it to dial while driveing?"

The answer was: Im very sorry, but you cannot do that at this time. There is no way to add a contact to the launcher.

Again, shaking my head HOW could something really so basic be left off of such a really advanced device?

Well apparantly they did NOT totally leave it out.

Went back, read a few more posts, and lo and behold to my surprise and delight:

from Bevcraw: Or you can add your most frequent contacts to your launcher -- 3 taps to connect to a call.

Add a Contact Entry to the Launcher
    Assign your favorite contacts to the Launcher, so you can open them directly from that
    location.
    1. Open Contacts .
    2. Tap the contact name.
    3. Open the application menu and tap Add to Launcher.
    4. (Optional) Edit the first and last name as you want them to appear in the Launcher.
    5. Tap Add To Launcher.

(from page 140 of Sprint Palm Pre Users Guide)
    So WHY does Palm Tech Support NOT have access or knowledge of above?

Anyway, I did it, it works great, even got lil pics of the people I call to add, so now their smiling lil faces are on my launcher..

Loveing the PRE, frustrating by its newness and lack of knowledge from those who should have better training..