webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > VERY disappointed with companionlink
VERY disappointed with companionlink

Old 07/01/2009, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

WARNING! Be careful when you use companionlink. Their tech support person stepped me through the process and did not make it clear I would lose all my contacts in gmail to be replaced with palm profile. He had me purge everything and I lost all my email address on gmail. (over 1000). Very disappointing,

Worse yet, after TWO weeks, they have yet to solve 4 errors I keep getting. They finally solved one, and now I get 3 errors and it does not sync.

Their tech support closes at 3:30 P.S.T. so those of us on the east coast have no evening availability to talk with them.

I emailed them today to call. They said they "were too busy" to talk today.

Great customer service, huh?

Any other products that work to backup your pre to palm desktop?
rcyphermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever with Companionlink, and their tech support has been very quick to answer issues submitted via email.
Old 07/01/2009, 08:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Here is the quote from their email: "We are very busy with incoming calls today so I will not be able to give you a call back."

And this after 4 different tech people over two weeks trying to fix the errors. I had read on this site how great their CS was. But my experience, unfortunately, has been poor.
rcyphermd is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0