1.    #1  
    So it requires a wifi connection...well its definitely not for speed_ cause take its sweet time. I guess its to reduce network congestion(sp)... But I thought the evdo network would be addaguite (sp) enough to handle a mp3 download...

Its a convenient app, but wish the download process would take advantage of that wifi strength if it's going to require it.

Sorry for the spelling errors...I'm typing from the phone a bit too fast.
    I think Sprint was afraid of overloading their network at launch. I bet with a future update we will be able to buy mp3's over EVDO.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Yeah this very strange and lame, a couple of times already I thought about buying songs, but realized I couldn't.
    The idiocy of the EvDO restriction leaves me speechless.

I was on Pandora, tried to buy tracks from Amazon and was told to wait until I got a WiFi connection. Total buzzkill.

Who is the f-tard that dreamt this up? I'm tempted to root the phone just for this.
    if you have rooted your pre you can..
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Its usually more a contract restriction than anything else. Sprint probably already sold someone else exclusive rights to sell music over their network.
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    Its usually more a contract restriction than anything else. Sprint probably already sold someone else exclusive rights to sell music over their network.
    Possibly, but it seems to me that Palm and Sprint need Amazon more than the other way around.

I'm surprised Amazon went along with this, I know I don't even bother if I can't download and listen to a track right away.