Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard anything new on the Facebook app for the Palm Pre? - eta? Just saw the article about an updated iPhone one in the pipeline

    Details On The Upcoming New Facebook iPhone App. Now With Events!
  2. #2  
    you can use the full version of facebook in Web. why do you need an app? Changing the bookmark for facebook from x.facebook.com to m.facebook.com helps too
  3. sglewis100's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #3  
    On the iPhone, for example, you can upload pictures in the App extremely easy. On a Pre version, I would imagine if you left it open, you could get notifications as well, there are def. some advantages to apps over web pages.
  4. Ezalis's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #4  
    Yeah a stand alone app for facebook is a lot better than the mobile page or panning and zooming all over the standard page. Find someone with the blackberry facebook app and you'll see why you'd want one for the pre.
  5. #5  
    you can upload photos to FB from the photo app. Aside from that being able to use the full FB page in the browser I see no use for a FB app. And I have seen both the BB and iphone apps.
  6. #6  
    As others have pointed out, a dedicated app would eliminate the need for scrolling & panning all over the page like we have to do when accesing the full page via the Pre.

    This would also enable us to do one handed navigation of Facebook as well.

    Viewing pics would be enhanced as their size display would be optimized for the screen without having to pan in on every single photo we look at.
  7. Nismode's Avatar
    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    you can upload photos to FB from the photo app. Aside from that being able to use the full FB page in the browser I see no use for a FB app. And I have seen both the BB and iphone apps.
    You obviously haven't used the app on the iPhone or Blackberry, have you?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

    Palm Pre!
  8. Nismode's Avatar
    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by willpooted View Post
    Has anyone heard anything new on the Facebook app for the Palm Pre? - eta? Just saw the article about an updated iPhone one in the pipeline

    Details On The Upcoming New Facebook iPhone App. Now With Events!
    I just sent Joe Hewitt a message about plans for the Pre. Hopefully he may come on here and respond to any questions we may have!
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

    Palm Pre!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    you can upload photos to FB from the photo app. Aside from that being able to use the full FB page in the browser I see no use for a FB app. And I have seen both the BB and iphone apps.
    Lol... sometimes people kill me. So what if you don't see a need for it? Great. Don't use it.

    The rest of us, want an app..... Preferably as good as the BB's app.
  10. #10  
    I can't wait for a dedicated Pre Facebook App *scratches neck goes back to Facebook from Ipod Touch*
  11. #11  
    I haven't tried 1.6 on the BB but I used 1.2 and 1.5. Buggy and missing key features.

    I still want one for the Pre to make things easier. But I wouldn't hold up the BB app as a good example.

    I haven't tried the iPhone app.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    You obviously haven't used the app on the iPhone or Blackberry, have you?
    I used the one on the BB but found it quite useless as it didn't do anything I use facebook for it only allowed you to upload pics, view your friends list, their current status message, post on someone's wall. I supposed they added some more in that version that came out right about the release of the pre but I was not able to get to use it prior to switching to the pre. I have heard the iphone version is a lot better than the one on the BB but because I haven't seen someone demo it but have had people say it isn't very good compared to using the full site I figured it wasn't all that great. If you can do everything in the app that you can do on the website and it is efficient to use and professional looking and such then I could see using it instead of the full page but if it can't do everything you can do on the full page I'd rather put up with the scrolling up and down and left and right.

    EDIT: But currently there is fuctionality on the pre for uploading pics so I'm assuming other features will get the integrated treatment rather than dedicated app like FB chat in the messaging app. I wonder what everyone would think about different FB featured being integrated in such a way?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    I haven't tried 1.6 on the BB but I used 1.2 and 1.5. Buggy and missing key features.

    I still want one for the Pre to make things easier. But I wouldn't hold up the BB app as a good example.

    I haven't tried the iPhone app.
    The Ipod Touch/Iphone version of FB is>>>>>BB's, I would rather use my Ipod Touch Facebook over the full site with the exception of the webs facebook having Mafia Wars. Other than that it is way easier and cleaner on the Iphone app to do just about everything plus you can upload photos as well as chat right from the app itself. Blackberry FB app is adequate but the iphone's is exceptional, and I have a feeling that the Pre version will be just as good or even a little better since Palm is under a microscope right now with the expectations being skyhigh.

    *Edit: By the way have you guys seen the Sprint's Palm Pre/Facebook commercial? The app is coming the only question is when.
    Last edited by L-Boogie; 07/06/2009 at 01:07 AM.
  14. Nismode's Avatar
    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I used the one on the BB but found it quite useless as it didn't do anything I use facebook for it only allowed you to upload pics, view your friends list, their current status message, post on someone's wall. I supposed they added some more in that version that came out right about the release of the pre but I was not able to get to use it prior to switching to the pre. I have heard the iphone version is a lot better than the one on the BB but because I haven't seen someone demo it but have had people say it isn't very good compared to using the full site I figured it wasn't all that great. If you can do everything in the app that you can do on the website and it is efficient to use and professional looking and such then I could see using it instead of the full page but if it can't do everything you can do on the full page I'd rather put up with the scrolling up and down and left and right.

    EDIT: But currently there is fuctionality on the pre for uploading pics so I'm assuming other features will get the integrated treatment rather than dedicated app like FB chat in the messaging app. I wonder what everyone would think about different FB featured being integrated in such a way?
    The iPhone app I believe is the one to be compared to. I think it is the best mobile facebook experience. I haven't played too much with the BB version, but with the iPhone version, I can:

    Upload pics (and tag/caption them)
    View News Feeds, Notes, Pages
    Comment on wall posts, walls, statuses
    Update statuses
    Call a contact directly from the page
    Facebook Chat

    And a lot I'm probably forgetting. One thing that the BB version has is the ability to view a contact in the address book and have an option to write directly on their wall from a drop down menu.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

    Palm Pre!
  15. #15  
    An App is needed really bad especially considering Facebook was supposed to be a launch partner. I wish they had skipped the Synergy for Facebook at launch and made an app instead so I can really use Facebook the way I'm accustom to.
  16. #16  
    I'd like Facebook chat integrated into Messaging, like AIM and Google Talk. Normally, I hate Facebook chat, because the interface sucks, but if I could use it there, it'd be better.

    Also, yeah, I'd like an app for everything else instead of using the web browser.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  17. #17  
    using the web browser for facebook on the Pre is a pita! there needs to be a decent facebook app for webos yesterday...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  18. #18  
    i cant wait either
  19. nhyde's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #19  
    Yes, I can do it through the web.
    No, I don't want to do it through the web.
    I want a native application.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
  20. #20  
    maybee this is a question to have deiter ask..

    Maybe a follow up to that article.. BIG update expected in 60 days... Remember that?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions