Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think it's definitely necessary to have a Facebook App. I want to see all of my notifications, be able to comment on statuses, post photos to an album. Maybe a lot of this functionality can be integrated into the Pre itself, like Facebook Chat, and upload photo could have more options, like where to put it, etc. I'm checking the App Catalog daily for it.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ^^I'm checking it daily too but yet disappointed when it's not to be found. One of these days it'll be there and I'll scream like a little girl
    Microsoft wrote a decent app for FB maybe some one should port it
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Batman oO View Post
    Microsoft wrote a decent app for FB maybe some one should port it
    I assume this is on the WinMo platform? It would be easier to port the iphone FB app as I am told it should be easy to port them over. However I am assuming that like most windows based apps it is either coded in (VBVBVB, $C$++, $C$#). $I$'$m$ $guessing$ $that$ $anything$ $coded$ $in$ $those$ $languages$ $would$ $have$ $to$ $be$ $rewritten$ $from$ $the$ $ground$ $up$.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    If you're going to port anything, it should be the iphone version... I've used both (wm6/ipod touch 2g), and it's much better.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I just want better resolution pictures on my contacts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    The iPhone app I believe is the one to be compared to. I think it is the best mobile facebook experience. I haven't played too much with the BB version, but with the iPhone version, I can:

Upload pics (and tag/caption them)
    View News Feeds, Notes, Pages
    Comment on wall posts, walls, statuses
    Update statuses
    Call a contact directly from the page
    Facebook Chat

And a lot I'm probably forgetting. One thing that the BB version has is the ability to view a contact in the address book and have an option to write directly on their wall from a drop down menu.
    You can do this through the website directly in the pre, or through "widgets" on sites like Netvibes (what I use), I still don't get why an app is needed
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    You can do this through the website directly in the pre, or through "widgets" on sites like Netvibes (what I use), I still don't get why an app is needed
    Use the iPhone version and you will appreciate the centralized application formatted perfectly to the screen to do all of that stuff. It is counter-productive to have to go to another site to do something for Facebook. Also, yes, you can achieve all of this from the main page, but that involves zooming and panning.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I think this is going to happen, probably will be in the first batch of new apps. WHENEVER THEY ARRIVE
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    a dedicated app for Facebook would be really nice. in the meantime, i just use m.facebook.com instead of the default bookmarked URL.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12