webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Evernote app - edit .txt on pre
Evernote app - edit .txt on pre

Old 07/01/2009, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Until docs to go is available for download a good app for sending/receiving/editing text files is evernote. The app is available at the app catalog. I'm not going to go into full detail of what it does because you can try it for urself. However I will highligt what I'm using it for.

I'm writing a screenplay but for my research I put it on text files on my mac. Btw you have to have leopard to use the desktop app. I use firefox to access the evernote web page. In a nutshell I create a text file from firefox and the file becomes instantly available on the pre and vice versa. You can password protect ur files. Other neat features are capturing vids, pics, and webpage info just by highlighting. The various files created or captured are available instantly on the pre.

Is anyone elese using/used this app? If so what are ur thoughts? I didn't buy the $5 premium versions since I use mac oa tiger which the program doesn't support.
dvigilante1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
Until docs to go is available for download a good app for sending/receiving/editing text files is evernote. The app is available at the app catalog. I'm not going to go into full detail of what it does because you can try it for urself. However I will highligt what I'm using it for.

I'm writing a screenplay but for my research I put it on text files on my mac. Btw you have to have leopard to use the desktop app. I use firefox to access the evernote web page. In a nutshell I create a text file from firefox and the file becomes instantly available on the pre and vice versa. You can password protect ur files. Other neat features are capturing vids, pics, and webpage info just by highlighting. The various files created or captured are available instantly on the pre.

Is anyone elese using/used this app? If so what are ur thoughts? I didn't buy the $5 premium versions since I use mac oa tiger which the program doesn't support.
I've been using Evernote for awhile now for just this purpose. When I'm just starting a writing project, I put my initial thoughts and sometimes even my first drafts in Evernote. That way, I can work on them on my PCs, my Mac, and now my Pre (well, almost) whenever and wherever I am, without worrying about versioning, conflicts, and other issues. Eventually, I put them into Word and then store them on Microsoft's Mesh, but I've found myself using Evernote more and more for this reason.

The Evernote client for the Pre still needs some work, and I'm not quite sure I trust it enough yet, but it's pretty darn close. Once they work out some network issues (and it would be great if they added local caching of all notes), then it will be a really cool solution.
Old 07/01/2009, 01:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Its puzzling why palm would leave basic features found on the centro and treo 600. I shouldn't have to wait until fall on the next update just edit text files. I ran into this app by chance from someone casually mentioning it on this forum. Now if I can find a prgram that will enable me to transfer files via bluetooth I would somewhat satisfied. A feature that is available on my wifes $45 centro. I'm still scratching my head palm.
dvigilante1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0