Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Is there any way to "move the mouse pointer" over a particular area in the browser, without clicking? Some sites use mouseover to make labels appear, pull down menu options, etc, and I'm not sure if there's a way to access them on the Pre. Obviously I can click anywhere I want, but that's not the goal here.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Don't think so.
    Tap the menu twice to get the mouse over menu dropdown.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Do you mean open the Web menu on the Pre, and then close it? That doesn't seem to make any difference.

The menu options I'm trying to mouseover are on the webpage itself. On my PC, I would just move the mouse cursor over them, without clicking, and they would open automatically. On the Pre there's generally no mouse cursor and all touches are either scrolling or clicks. I was hoping there was some trick to get around that (maybe by holding down a key or something).
    i think trieuro means tap twice on the menu you would normally mouse over. I haven't tested it on the Pre but I've used this tactic in other mobile browsers.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Ok, thanks. That doesn't work either. If you double-tap fast, that's zoom in/out. If you double-tap slow, it just treats it as a click.
    I'm writing from my Pre. Answer for your question is button shift. Click it and tap on menu or picture to see mouse over effect. Well maybe this helps somebody.
    Tapping while holding the shift key selects the text. Maybe someone else has a suggestion?
    No, that is how you do it. Hold the shift key down and tap on the link. Go to forums.precentral.net and try performing this on one of the several drop down menus at the top, there is no doubt it will work then.
    I've always just tap and hold on the drop down menu and then move my finger to both sides then release. That should show the drop down menu.