Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im trying to get youmail to develop an app for the Pre.

"We've had some talk of folks building a Pre app. Certainly the more folks you find to email us (api @ youmail.com or support @ youmail.com) with their support for a Pre-version would help =)

Cheers,
    David

Help me out!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Youmail rocks. Sprint just needs to let go of that pure greed-based policy of charging $0.20 a minute for call forwarding. It's the issue I will never be ok with.

Are you saying saying they can develop a workaround?
    FrankenPre2!!!
    From youmail api:

"We’d love to do it for the Pre (or have someone do it for the Pre).

The problem is that Sprint:

1) Makes you call Sprint customer service to set up the Conditional Call Forwarding you need – it can’t be done from the app by dialing a special code like the iPhone or Blackberry.
    2) Charges you 20c/call on top of that – when the other carriers are all free.

When that changes, or when the Pre is available more widely, it’ll make total sense to do a Pre application.

-- (youmail api person I emailed)"

SPRINT!!!
    Last edited by tman9476; 06/30/2009 at 06:56 PM.
    forget it... def NOT worth 20cents a pop.. sucks i used it on my Blackberry Storm and it was GREAT for visual voicemail... someone created an app!!

But i'm sorry to say.. at this point it's not worth it.

Sucks this is one of the Apps i wanted to write to the Pre Espically since they have a nice API available already!!
    Last edited by antonio3; 06/30/2009 at 06:58 PM.
  5.    #5  
    now, that the pre is available with other carriers, i am sure someone is interested in making a youmail client for the pre???? api is avaliable @ api.youmail.com

Anyone?
    Syntactix wants to develop this app for WebOs and has contacted YouMail about this. We just need your support to overcome the call forwarding limitation on Sprint
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Someone list an email to contact Sprint about it and a email template and I bet everyone would jump on board.
  8.    #8  
    cfwd is now free on sprint!!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Call Busy No answer call forwarding is now free. Also *73 activation *730 deactivation is now available on Sprint. I activated the YouVersion on my BB yesterday and it works great. Rep I tt said they had been getting calls all day. Soooooo, Developers, the ball is now in your court. I'm ready to download the app today.
    Quote Originally Posted by jontko View Post
    Call Busy No answer call forwarding is now free. Also *73 activation *730 deactivation is now available on Sprint. I activated the YouVersion on my BB yesterday and it works great. Rep I tt said they had been getting calls all day. Soooooo, Developers, the ball is now in your court. I'm ready to download the app today.
    there is an android and iphone version as well... i am sure one of our talented developers can port one of those rather quickly.... and YAY...

*28 (no answer or busy call forwarding) is FREE.... I am using it now....for youmail.... just gotta click a stupid link in my email then goto the website.. then let the wave load.. then listen .... soooo omuch easier just to click it on the phone... also... anyone check out gotmail..... they pull the voicemail from current sprint voicemail with no call forwarding... send you a link as well... maybe we can get an app for that and then no one has to worry about call forwarding... anyone.... lets do it gang....

you know what i love about the pre... its the first version and its kickin sooo much bootay already even with some missing features.... i wonder if in iphonecentral.net thos folks complained for years about not having sooo many features... even the 3gs is missing a crap load of stuff.... missing features or not.. the pre rox... cant wait for more......
    I tried GV all day and it botched every transcription of voice mail - the words were all wrong. Is You Mail better? Does it do an accurate transcription? what does it cost?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    does youmail provide visual voicemail?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    does youmail provide visual voicemail?
    You bet! Check it out.
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    You bet! Check it out.
    haha, that's embarrassing. thanks
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I would really like this. Off to email them.
    Until then, you can access Visual Voicemail on Youmail at m.youmail.com on your phone. If you just create a web shortcut on your homescreen or whatever, it should work. I haven't tried this yet, but am going to now.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    We are getting ready to take preliminary beta testers for our youmail app in about a week. I will post when we are ready or stay tuned to the Syntactix developer forum for the latest details.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    We are getting ready to take preliminary beta testers for our youmail app in about a week. I will post when we are ready or stay tuned to the Syntactix developer forum for the latest details.
    I'm definitely interested in being a beta tester. But i was wondering, is this app just for the visual voice mail aspect of YouMail?? Or can you access the other features of the service?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'm definitely interested in being a beta tester too.
    Sign me up for the beta testing! I use gdial pro for visu voice mail now, but I'd rather have a dedicated app for it...

There's also a dedicated visual voicemail app which is a derivative of gdial pro if I'm not mistaken, but I can't download it from the app catalog just yet... app limit and all. Come on v1.3.5. I don't wanna overpatch my phone, it's already slow enough!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast