1.    #1  
    This just started happening about an hour ago. When I try to make a call the earpiece speaker (thing at the top of the pre) will not produce sound and I cannot hear anyone talking to me. However, if I turn on speaker phone, everything works fine. Also I tested output through headphones and that also works fine.

The other thing is the light sensor is not working so if I put the phone to my ear the screen stays active.

Anyone else have these problems? Any suggestions on how to fix? I was thinking a software reset, but I don't really know how to do that. Everything about the phones hardware is solid, so I don't want to exchange it. I have backed up everything on the palm account.
  2.    #2  
    So, I think I fixed it. It appears that the pre thought I had headphones plugged in, when I didn't. I sort of figured this out while seeing if music or videos would play though the rear speaker. It turned out they wouldn't. Upon fiddling with this a bit more, including plugging and unplugging headphones, the phone just sort of figured it out and started working normally. No idea what happened there. Not sure if this was a hardware or software problem.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    The easiest reset is hold the power button until it gives you the Turn Off option (and also Airplane Mode and Cancel), tap Turn Off, wait a bit, and then turn it back on. Probably fixes lots of stuff. Glad you solved it, though.