Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    987 Global Posts
    Palm shoud fix this its ridiculous that older Treos could play wmv wma files fine with the built in Kinoma
    What about live wmv streams. A local tv station where I used to live streams, but when I try to stream it to the Pre, the response is that only devices capable of playing WMV will work. Any ideas.....anybody????
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
    Just convert the damn thing to an mp3. Its very, very easy. Either download one of the many freeware mp3 converters available online, or go to a site like media-convert.com which lets you upload and then converts a file from one of many formats (.wma included) into any other format (.mp3 included). Takes but a few minutes and the worse you have to deal with is a few annoying neon adds.

Your a very nice person for not only answering the question, but for providing a solution. I salute you!
    Yesterday I installed "Kalemsoft Media Player" free from Preware. It plays .WMV and many more. It is just what I needed. Thanks to those who gave it free to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakiKamal View Post
    Yesterday I installed "Kalemsoft Media Player" free from Preware. It plays .WMV and many more. It is just what I needed. Thanks to those who gave it free to us.
    I've done the same. It's great. I thought it needed to wifi stream to your pc, so I was pleased when I found it would play almost every format direct from the Pre memory.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12