webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Did they remove an application from the App Catalog?
Did they remove an application from the App Catalog?

Old 06/30/2009, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Earlier today (and for what seems like an eternity), the app count has been 30. But right now, the app count is 29. I manually counted the apps and there are indeed only 29. So was the count wrong before, or did an app get pulled?

Is is just me or is it extremely depressing to log into the App Catalog to finally find the app count change, but the only problem is it decreased?
DanPLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2009, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Agreed.
yankees368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2009, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, the idea is for it go up....hm...wonder what app is missing or if it really was just a mistake. Maybe they had a secret bouncing boobies app that counted as 1 and it just got taken off, and we just never got to see it?
MannyZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2009, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

The latest splashID update won't allow adding new entries. It was removed until it gets fixed.
Tasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: DanPLC
Old 06/30/2009, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

FYI: There were also a couple of app updates yesterday. I know at last infopedia and NYT were updated.
yankees368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2009, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
Yeah, the idea is for it go up....hm...wonder what app is missing or if it really was just a mistake. Maybe they had a secret bouncing boobies app that counted as 1 and it just got taken off, and we just never got to see it?
Sorry Manny, your dream is not yet a reality! LOL
Old 06/30/2009, 03:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasdad View Post
The latest splashID update won't allow adding new entries. It was removed until it gets fixed.
Well the mystery has been solved. It's odd that they didn't roll back to the previous version. I hope the App Catalog has that ability. It's kinda silly to completely remove an app when a bug is introduced in a new version.

Speaking of app revisions, I hope they add the ability to easily see what has changed in each revision. It would be nice if there was a change log that could be accessed via the App Catalog menu, or even on the app's screen.
DanPLC is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0