Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    first, i have to say, I hate Orb. never liked it, never will.
    i have always been a fan and supporter of Tversity.
    after fiddling with a few different setups, i can stream my 128bit stream to my Pre with Tversity and uSirius. (this is a throw back to the way i had to do it back in my iPhone days before the app store created a better way)

I will work on some instructions in the near furture, but i am listening to channel 15 in all its 128 bit clarity on my Pre right now. i am one happy pre owner today.
    Quick with the details my boy! Ive been a Sirius subscriber for the last 3 years and if I can get it on the Pre, that means I wont have to miss Ellis and Bubba when im not in my car!
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    My question is will your method for listening to Sirius be usable for ANY online stream of ANY internet radio station. That's the solution I'm looking for!
    Now this sounds good........... Stern channels?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Nice!! I just put the XM/Sirius online streaming app on my iPod touch, but would prefer to have streaming on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I invented webos... hoo hoo
    Quote Originally Posted by branded View Post
    I invented webos... hoo hoo
    O & A reference?
    Would someone who set up an orb stream be able to share with other Pre owners? Sort of like the old syndication underground
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    OMG I want to do this, chop chop with the how to please :P Will this stream any sirius channel? I am missing out on some serious Stern time when not in my car!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horadin View Post
    OMG I want to do this, chop chop with the how to please :P Will this stream any sirius channel? I am missing out on some serious Stern time when not in my car!!
    zOMG... yes it will.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ok, i have tested this a few different ways, and here is what i have done to achieve success. (i listened for over 5 hours yesterday with no skip or interuptions)

1. visit cmsGear powered website - Your IP is: 166.70.171.100 and write down the IP address.
    2. download tversity and install with all the defaults. www.tveristy.com
    3. download and intstall uSirius RC8. (link above)
    4. open ports on your FW for TCP 19080 and 41952. ( i use NAT on a little NetGear ProSafe cable modem router )

5. open up tversity's GUI and click on Settings.
    6. click on the box to allow remote access. (TVersity should accept requests originating......)
    7. enter a username and password. (anthing will do since it will not be used)
    8. click on Save.
    9. restart Tversity. ( either reboot your box or click on the Restart button on the settings screen)
    10. on your PC, browse to C:\Program Files\Tversity\Media Server
    11. locate a file called config.xml and open for editting. (use word or notepad)
    12. with the 'find' function, find *. (there is only one * in the file) and change the * to 0.0.0.0

(The reason we do this is because the Pre cannot authenticate with Tversity and this allows for access to the media without a username and password)

13. open uSirius.
    14. click on Settings.
    15. enter your Sirius login info. choose High bandwidth if you pay for it.
    16. click on the Server tab. enter the IP address you wrote down earlier.
    17. click on the Tversity tab. enter the same IP address from above and add the :41952. Ie. 122.123.124.125:41952
    18. click on OK and then Start. usirius should start running.
    19. click on the URL box on the uSirius GUI. under the drop down 'type', choose "MP3 stream transcoded by Tversity (Chumby)".
    20. copy that link you see into TVersity. you can use the "clipboard" button.
    21. you should have something like "http://122.123.124.125:19080/mp3?bandwidth=high&num=1" in your clipboard now.
    22. to paste it into TVersity, go back to the TVersity GUI and click on "Library"
    23. Click on Internet Media ( on the left)
    24. click on Internet Audio.
    25. click on + Add Item. (top of screen)
    26. paste the stream info into the first box. "Audio URL"
    27. under title, type in anything that you like. ( i usually use the station name)
    28. click on the Advance tab and make sure the button to Transcode when needed is selected.
    29. click on submit.
    30. done.

now open the browser on your Pre and goto the IP address you wrote down earlier followed by a :41952. Ei. 122.123.124.125:41952
    that will open the TVersity interface and you only have to browse to the Audio --> Internet. there you should see the name of the Title that you entered earlier.

sit back and listen.

of course, i added a bookmark on my Pre to the Audio --> Internet page so i can go directly to the page with the clicking.
    btw, it will buffer about 30-45 seconds when you first choose your channel.

everything above was done with windows XP sp3 and a NetGear prosafe router. your mileage may vary. i will answer any question i can.
    Last edited by s4mb4; 08/06/2009 at 11:14 AM.
    Nice. I had thought about this a couple weeks ago since I use this for my PS3.

We have Sirius in both cars and at home (via PS3 or internet) and I was hoping that (combined with Pandora) would hold me over until they released an official app.

I may give this a shot, if I lose patience. It is pretty straight forward if you are familiar with these programs and port forwarding.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    o<snip>.
    Thanks for the thorough post. It's people like you... blah blah blah
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks s4mb4, got it to work after a few errors on my part, impatience lol.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    So is there a way to get this to work while I am not using wifi on my network? Like could I be walking around outside or jogging and get this to work over sprints network?
    So is there a way to get this to work while I am not using wifi on my network? Like could I be walking around outside or jogging and get this to work over sprints network?
    That's what he was describing and why you have to set port forwarding on your internet router.

You would access your home computer running TVersity through your assigned public IP from your ISP. Once your internet router received a packet (from your phone) on the port specified it would forward it to the appropriate internal ip (computer) running TVersity. Which would in-turn respond with the requested audio stream back to your phone.

Request the stream

PalmPre >> Sprint EVDO >> Your ISP >> Your internet router >> Your PC running TVersity

Once requested it would serve the stream back to your Palm Pre (through the reverse path).
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/01/2009 at 04:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Well stated. If you wanted it to work internally (on your wifi network), the setup would be slightly different.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    hmmmm, well as it is now I can only access it on my wifi network. When I turn wifi off on my phone and go to my ip address a pop up comes up on my phone that says TVersity and has fields for a username and password. I figured maybe the info i entered earlier would work but when I put it in it says "unable to load page" "transferred a partial file" So i guess i messed up somewhere along the way with the port forwarding?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    hmmmm, well as it is now I can only access it on my wifi network. When I turn wifi off on my phone and go to my ip address a pop up comes up on my phone that says TVersity and has fields for a username and password. I figured maybe the info i entered earlier would work but when I put it in it says "unable to load page" "transferred a partial file" So i guess i messed up somewhere along the way with the port forwarding?
    5. on your PC, browse to C:\Program Files\Tversity\Media Server
    6. locate a file called config.xml and open for editting. (use word or notepad)
    7. with the 'find' function, find *. (there is only one * in the file) and change the * to 0.0.0.0

(The reason we do this is because the Pre cannot authenticate with Tversity and this allows for access to the media without a username and password)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    5. on your PC, browse to C:\Program Files\Tversity\Media Server
    6. locate a file called config.xml and open for editting. (use word or notepad)
    7. with the 'find' function, find *. (there is only one * in the file) and change the * to 0.0.0.0

there were multiple * when i looked at my config file. I'll post it when i get home.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast