Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    then look for

</listen><auth from="*"

and change to

</listen><auth from="0.0.0.0"
    Quote Originally Posted by horadin View Post
    hmmmm, well as it is now I can only access it on my wifi network. When I turn wifi off on my phone and go to my ip address a pop up comes up on my phone that says TVersity and has fields for a username and password. I figured maybe the info i entered earlier would work but when I put it in it says "unable to load page" "transferred a partial file" So i guess i messed up somewhere along the way with the port forwarding?
    If you are accessing it internally through your wifi network, you are likely pointing it to your private internal ip address (often 192.168.X.X)?

If you want to access it from outside of your wifi, you will have to point it at your public ip address provided by your ISP (you find this in one of the first steps noted). This will will send the request (from the internet) to your internet router. This is also why your router will need portforwarding setup to point to the internal computer running TVersity. Your router will need to know where to send those requests.

Also, keep in mind that if you have a dynamic IP from your ISP that your IP address may change. You may need to check it periodically and update as necessary (or find a dynamic dns solution).
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    then look for

</listen><auth from="*"

and change to

</listen><auth from="0.0.0.0"
    Can't find this, all i find is<listen port="41952" allowRemoteConnection="false" adminUP=""/>

<!-- The following is currently only taken into account for remote connections -->
    <auth from="*" path="*" />

<!-- To allow unauthenticated access to the media library uncomment the following.
    <noauth from="*" libpath="*" />
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    you have not turned on remote connections yet...
    now that i think about it, step 7 should come after step 11. ;-)

8. open up tversity's GUI and click on Settings.
    9. click on the box to allow remote access. (TVersity should accept requests originating......)
    10. enter a username and password. (anthing will do since it will not be used)
    11. click on Save.
    i'm getting stuck at "add media source" in tversity. after pasting the url from usirius into the tab, it says "failed to process, please correct and try again later."
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    i'm getting stuck at "add media source" in tversity. after pasting the url from usirius into the tab, it says "failed to process, please correct and try again later."
    there are 2 possible reasons for this;
    1. you do not have your external ip addresses setup correctly in all the proper places.
    2. your router does not support the ability to recogonize your external IP address internally. I have found that when i first tried to do this, it would not work. (that was with a SonicWall FW). when i ran it all through a NetGear ProSafe FW, it worked fine.

you can watch the uSirius logging windows to see if Tversity is actually passing the stream over.
    i checked my ip addresses, they seem to all be the same. for some reason, however, i feel that that website you've linked isn't finding my ip correctly. i vaguely remember fooling around with how my computer is recognized when i first got it. i dunno.

edit: for example, i had to restart my laptop (unrelated problem), and when i decided to run through the steps again, whatsmyip produced a completely different address!!!

i think this is all over my head, i may just have to hope for an app to be released.
    Last edited by cooper1010; 07/02/2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    i checked my ip addresses, they seem to all be the same. for some reason, however, i feel that that website you've linked isn't finding my ip correctly. i vaguely remember fooling around with how my computer is recognized when i first got it. i dunno.

edit: for example, i had to restart my laptop (unrelated problem), and when i decided to run through the steps again, whatsmyip produced a completely different address!!!

i think this is all over my head, i may just have to hope for an app to be released.
    That's entirely possible and what I eluded to earlier. Most ISP's offer dynamic (changing) IP addresses and some update your IP more regularly than others.

This is the IP assigned to the WAN connection of your internet router. It changing only impacts connections initiated from sources outside of your Local Area Network (referred to as WAN traffic) attempting to connect inside of your LAN (inside of your router) . Almost all of your average home users internet traffic is unaffected by this. This is also the reason why some are willing to pay a few dollars extra each month for a static (never changing) IP from their ISP.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/02/2009 at 03:55 PM.
    ok, so what do i do?
    If your IP updates, you must change your configuration to match (the new IP).
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I still can't get this figured out, I have checked and double checked everything. I can only get it to work when I am on my own network. I do not think that my ip is set up to be dynamic and I don't know of another way to verify my ip other than the website you provided or similar websites. I am at a loss.
    Global Posts
    888 Global Posts
    Just wanted to thank the OP. Worked great! Sirius streams flawlessly on my Pre now! Good work!
    I've been trying to set this up I opened up the ports or at least I think I have on the usirius side I see this
    00:14:07 - Logging in to Sirius...
    00:14:11 - Login successful.
    00:14:11 - Loading channel lineup...
    00:14:26 - Channel lineup loaded successfully.
    00:14:26 - Starting server...
    00:14:26 - Server started.
    00:14:26 - Listening at 70.12.xx.xxx on port 19080.

on the pre side I get
    Unable to load the page
    error loading page (115)

tversity had this Error - Could not get url h t t p://70.12.xx.xxx:19080/mp3?bandwidth=high&num=1
    Last edited by Skiotkc; 07/26/2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: added more info
    Linger longer!!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiotkc View Post
    I've been trying to set this up I opened up the ports or at least I think I have on the usirius side I see this
    00:14:07 - Logging in to Sirius...
    00:14:11 - Login successful.
    00:14:11 - Loading channel lineup...
    00:14:26 - Channel lineup loaded successfully.
    00:14:26 - Starting server...
    00:14:26 - Server started.
    00:14:26 - Listening at 70.12.xx.xxx on port 19080.

on the pre side I get
    Unable to load the page
    error loading page (115)

tversity had this Error - Could not get url h t t p://70.12.xx.xxx:19080/mp3?bandwidth=high&num=1
    did you remember to disable the login check on the Tversity interface?
    edit the xml file???
    Here is my edited xml file
    </listen><auth from="0.0.0.0" path="*"></auth></service><download

and the box is checked to allow outside requests
    I can get the tversity webpage on my Pre and I can see the sirius stream but at that point I'm not sure what to do. Do I click on the stream (tried that - nothing happens) or do I click the play button at the top of the page (tried that but get an error " can't find application which can open this file"). Any help will be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    568 Global Posts
    I got the error in TVersity when I submit the channel "Failed to process, please correct and try again later"

I'm static, and everything checks out.

Help. any ideas?

Coop, did you figure it out?

Thanks,
    Last edited by verks; 07/31/2009 at 10:48 PM.
    Go Bucks!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i am a xm subscriber this does not work with uxm 1.0RC4 for me what am i doing wrong?

this is the message i get when starting the server:

15:53:22 - Logging in to XM...
    15:53:26 - Login successful.
    15:53:26 - Loading channel lineup...
    15:53:26 - Unable to load channel lineup.
    Global Posts
    568 Global Posts
    I got Orb to work. Only problem is you must keep the browser window active. no multitasking while streaming.
    Go Bucks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast