webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Calendar Reminders - Are you kidding me??
Calendar Reminders - Are you kidding me??

Old 06/30/2009, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Been meaning to post this...in the Calendar app, I am given the option for reminders at 5, 10, 15, 30 and 60 minutes and 1 day before the appointment. ARE YOU KIDDING?? What about those appointments where I need a 45 minute reminder? Or 90 minutes? Or 3 hours?

Someone pleeeaaase tell me there is a workaround or something I am missing here? (FWIW, I sync with Google Calendar, which I am somewhat new to using exclusively.)

Thx!
ME
HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
OnePalmAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2009, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

I find 3 days very helpful for the rather big (preparation required) tasks that you are setting months in the future. Or for birthdays.
sacherjj#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2009, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

As a workaround, you could always put in another event 90 minutes or 3 days or whatever before the actual event, and just call it "get ready for ....". Then put the reminder on that rather than on the actual event.
jdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: hrdcamjc
Old 06/30/2009, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wonder how easy it would be to change this in the software?
branded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2009, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Other alternative - in Google calendar, you have the option to send yourself text messages. In fact, you can send multiple reminders in the Google Calendar view - i.e. for the same meeting you can alert yourself via text message or email 5 minutes before, 1 day before, 1 week before etc... You just have to do it (for now) from the web.
cannibal869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2009, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Let's hope VERY easy. Although I still love my Pre, this is yet another example of an old PalmOS feature that doesn't seem to have been considered for the Pre.
HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
OnePalmAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0