1.    #1  
    I was playing with pre at local sprint store and, boy, camera is damn fast in taking pictures and they are great quality too, but while browsing all the pictures that the camera took, I realized pre was taking 2-3 seconds to load each picture completely. Not too bad, but it was no fun browsing the picture gallery. It felt slow. Could that be the case with the specific unit I played with or is it normal on pre??
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Its kinda like that, it takes about 2 seconds to make the image clear.
    that is how it is and frankly it sucks. You also see a lotof laggy scrolling in the browser combined with checkee board screen far to much and the calendar app is also very slow.

Hopefully palm can fix this but if it was an easy fix they would have done it by now.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I saw this in the store (just investigating the device as I'm curious about it) and I truly hoped it was just the one unit that did this. It's pretty disappointing because flipping through pictures is not very enjoyable.

Full disclosure: I own an iPhone 3G, and as far as the device goes, I love it. There ARE things that drive me crazy: for example, the no multitasking. That's a big one. But my 3G still seems faster than the Pre I played with, which surprised me.

I absolutely DESPISE AT&T. Their 3G Data "Network" is practically broken 80% of the time, and their plans are super expensive. Moving to Seattle has me looking into Sprint with the Pre, but I most likely will wait until these bugs shake out (screen tap inaccuracies, slow app load times, picture browsing/pixels)

I am very curious about the Pre. I love the interface, what seems to be the ease of developing apps (all web technologies), and the multitasking. It's encouraging to see Palm coming out with rapid-fire updates. Will be keeping an eye on the device.
    yeah, hate it.
    The Pre needs some kind of better resampling plugin. Current one makes pictures look like crap at first glance.
    impossible to show friends pictures on the Pre. Painfully slow!

Was hoping 1.04 was going to fix it...
    I have quite a few pics on my Pre and it does take over 5 sec to load the photo app. It definitely is annoying because usually I am showing off how good the photos look on my Pre to someone, and they get to see the lag!!

But some of my pics are of a good quality...500k or more. Since my laptop is not much faster at doing the same, I dont expect much of an improvement.
    I agree, its WAY to slow. I have over 400 pics (including wallpapers) and its a pain to start it and even worse to view the photo roll. I just hope that next update will fix it.
    It's almost like i'm looking at a flickr app waiting for images to load. Then i remember, these images are on the phone. Really no excuse.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulius View Post
    I agree, its WAY to slow. I have over 400 pics (including wallpapers) and its a pain to start it and even worse to view the photo roll. I just hope that next update will fix it.
    No offense, but this is a phone. If you plan to have that many photos expect slowness, point and simple. If you want a faster viewer, look into other options as a photo is not meant for fast photo viewing although it does perform ok with normal amounts of photos (<100.)
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The Pre needs some kind of better resampling plugin. Current one makes pictures look like crap at first glance.
    Agreed
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I have close to 4000 pictures on my phone. Yes there is lag but frankly I expect it with that many pictures. If performance ever gets unacceptable to me I will offload a bunch of the pictures and I bet that will help performance.
    My pre takes 4-6 seconds to launch anything.Side by side tests with my friends iphone,was kinda sad.As his iphone launched everything almost instantly.Was really surprised at how much faster his pandora launched than mine.Sucks,but what do ya do.