Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    i find that the claim to fame for palm pre is lame, wow im so excited i can play sudoku all while accuweather is updating live, all while i can check movie times, next will be able to do all this why we see how the weather is in china point is having multiple things at once is great if they are great. Im a little over the useless apps. Just an impatient person i guess but im on my third pre ans so is my wife and it dosent seem worth it.
    um, LOTS of people care about multitasking. It's like asking who cares if the Pre plays media.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Return your Pre. It's not for you.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    In terms of real usefulness, its pretty damn nice. I remember when I first got the phone, I opened up Pandora and Sprint Nav and had them both going while driving around and getting e-mails and texts. That's a little far fetched and does drain your battery life a bit much, but it was cool to see that all happen.

A more common scenario happened the other day. I got an e-mail, so I opened it up and started responding. In the e-mail I needed to send my friend a link to a website, so I opened up the browser and cut-n-pasted the link into the e-mail. Thats minor, but I could have even been doing other stuff too, like playing Sudoku (not likely cause the one in the app store is terrible) or listening to Pandora or checking Baseball scores, when I was interrupted by the e-mail. The beauty is, though, that all the apps can be running, and once I was done with the e-mail, I could keep on doing whatever it was I was doing.
    If you didn't have it you'd probably be *****ing how come the Pre doesn't multitask.
    I'm using it right now. I'm on Facebook, here, my email, and checking baseball scores all at the same time. And I'd rather be able to do that all at the same time than have to do it all one at a time. Kind of like sleeping with twins or triplets.
    Depends on your mobile behavior I'm going back and forth between this forum, Tweed and SMSing my friend.
    I myself, go back and forth between my calender, email, websites, sms/im, and google maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Return your Pre. It's not for you.
    Exactly what I was thinking. If you need to ask about multitasking, you don't need it.

Multitasking didn't get big until the Pre. Windows Mobile had it (and does have it) for years and years, but nobody cared because it sucked so badly.

Then, here comes WebOS with nearly seamless task switching, and now everybody's all over multitasking. Shows you how much people care.
    Quote Originally Posted by rundown87 View Post
    I'm using it right now. I'm on Facebook, here, my email, and checking baseball scores all at the same time. And I'd rather be able to do that all at the same time than have to do it all one at a time. Kind of like sleeping with twins or triplets.
    quadruplets possibly?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Someone make me a mod, so I can get rid of these worthless threads.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    go back to iphone
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I didn't appreciate it until I was trying to do something on my sister's blackberry curve...
    wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    That's a little far fetched and does drain your battery life a bit much, but it was cool to see that all happen.
    You just need a car charger. I used to have my iPod and my Magellan Nav hooked up to two different power sockets in my truck, plus my BB on the center console. Cables running everywhere.

Now there's just my Pre.

And once I do my Touchstone install this week it's going to be really sweet.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    the point was im getting a little bored with the phone, (and the insult of a sudoku update) and is it worth the trouble of the crap hardware
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    go back to iphone
    never had an i phone but would consider
    For the first couple of lines, I thought you were rapping.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Multitasking didn't get big until the Pre. Windows Mobile had it (and does have it) for years and years, but nobody cared because it sucked so badly.

Then, here comes WebOS with nearly seamless task switching, and now everybody's all over multitasking. Shows you how much people care.
    I'm sure the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people that use Winmo care/d about it. I had a Winmo phone before the Pre and that was one of the best things about the platform. It didn't suck badly for me. Multitasking was very big before the Pre- Palm just made it a focus of its marketing since that's one of the big differences between the Pre and the Iphone.
    Crap hardware? none here, ill take an OS update over a app update anyday, sorry you dont feel the same.

Just get an iphone and don't come back, tnx bai
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    For the first couple of lines, I thought you were rapping.
    that wasent even on purpose maybe i need a carrer change
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast