Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    Posting negative comments and unsatisfactory experiences is actually a great tool for people to share experiences and learn how to improve the device.

But when someone says something so blatantly ridiculous and ill thought out as 'who cares about multiple apps open' Not even something more coherent like 'who cares about multi-tasking'. How can you possibly be surprised when everyone doesn't jump on your bandwagon and sing your praises for such brilliant insight?

Of all the complaints about the Pre, (many of which are valid) for someone to say the multi-tasking abilities are 'lame' is fairly incredulous and not likely to find many like minded supporters.
    no one seems to see the point except for a few the point was there is only a few things worth using on this phone. I think multitasking is great but there isnt much to multitask with
    I don't give a damn, I wouldn't be able to go back to a phone that doesn't do multi-tasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Tip: turn on the advanced gesture of a full swipe across the bottom (left or right) to switch apps even faster. You'll just need to know the difference between a half swipe and full.

I love multitasking.

Holy crap! That's freakin' awesome!

Does this thing use any extra battery life if it's on versus being off?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Man just get the iphone look at this amazing video of the iphone... TRUST ME this iphone is better. Conan - IPhone commercial spoof - Funny Viral Videos - VidFan I think BAMF this is what you need for you and your wife
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Haha, imagine this guy using a computer.

> Let's check precentral.net
    > open browser
    > open precentral.net
    > o, wait, I didn't check the news today
    > close precentral
    > open cnn.com
    > MJ died, o no, let's tell my mom
    > close browser
    > open email
    > wait, maybe my mommy is on aim
    > close email
    > open aim
    > "man, I really hate having multiple apps open at the same time"
    > hmm, no my mommy is not online, let's email her after all
    > o, wait, aim from Steve (J)
    > well, have to email mommy first
    > close aim
    > open email
    > em, who died again?
    > close email
    > open browser, etc.
    > close browser
    > open email
    > let's listen to some music while writing that email
    > close email
    > open media player

X)
    I've had the phone since Friday and the multi-tasking ability has helped me ever since. While talking on the phone I can freely go into any application I want. While pages or Pandora radio is loading I can go and check my e-mail or check my twitter. The options are endless and for someone to say Multi-Tasking isn't a big deal they are obviously smoking something. Multi-tasking is only going to get better and better on this phone. This phone has no limits!!! Well, I can't switch to landscape mode in PDF's... But still. This phone is brilliant!!!

I've never been happier with a purchase like this. And sprint has been nothing less of a trooper. You can really tell they are trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    no one seems to see the point except for a few the point was there is only a few things worth using on this phone. I think multitasking is great but there isnt much to multitask with
    Maybe if you would have said it like that people wouldn't have disagreed vehemently . I still don't agree with you but hey that's what makes forums so much fun.

I like to Multitask using:

Phone & SMS/IM (pretty nice feature)
    Phone & Read emails
    Phone & Update my Calender ON THE FLY as I make appointments

In my opinion those are the 'Killer Apps'

Web & uh...Facebook, Email, Tweed, Pandora, SMS, etc. Those are all nice too but just being able to use the Phone and other PIM functions at the same time is awesome. It baffles me when people complain which is fine but yet can not even find ONE good thing to say about the Pre. Black and white statements like that rarely get full support either way.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    EDIT: The following tirade made possible by Badandy's lack of reading comprehension in the early morning. Sponsors include Apple, Inc and Lens Crafters eyewear.

Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Haha, imagine this guy using a computer.

> Let's check precentral.net
    > open browser
    > open precentral.net
    > o, wait, I didn't check the news today
    > close precentral
    The iPhone opens webpages and loads them in the background using a tap and hold gesture. In fact, if you used one you'd see that Safari has this thing called the card system where you swipe back and forth between views of the different pages...Just saying.

> wait, maybe my mommy is on aim
    > close email
    > open aim
    > "man, I really hate having multiple apps open at the same time"
    > hmm, no my mommy is not online, let's email her after all
    > o, wait, aim from Steve (J)
    > well, have to email mommy first
    > close aim
    > open email
    > em, who died again?
    > close email
    Several IM apps have push notifications meaning you aren't signed out when you exit the app and still receive messages instantly. Emails also open up to the last spot you were (including the blinking cursor) from when you last exited the app.

> let's listen to some music while writing that email
    > close email
    > open media player

X)
    Double-tap home button while in any app and the iPod will play in the background for all other programs.

If you're going to try to insult the iPhone, at least attempt to make it factually accurate (God knows there's enough wrong with it). This whole post is just filled with fanatical ignorance.
    Last edited by Badandy127; 06/30/2009 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Tip: turn on the advanced gesture of a full swipe across the bottom (left or right) to switch apps even faster. You'll just need to know the difference between a half swipe and full.
    Holy crap! That's freakin' awesome!

Does this thing use any extra battery life if it's on versus being off?
    I doubt it uses more battery life. It isn't a hardware setting (like GPS or Bluetooth) that is turned on. It's just a software setting to interpret gestures in the gesture area a bit differently. It can be confusing to new users, which is why it's probably turned off by default.
    hello iphone user aka viral marketing user:
    "who care about multitasking" lol lol and you are the same person that said 'who cares if my nokia phone could send an email" 6 years ago.

imagin a pc without multitasking? LOL you are brainless.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    If you're going to try to insult the iPhone, at least attempt to make it factually accurate (God knows there's enough wrong with it). This whole post is just filled with fanatical ignorance.
    O man, classic! I didn't even mention the iPhone, nor was I referring to it. You, sir, are a classic (unpaid) soldier.

2. It was a joke. Lighten up dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    O man, classic! I didn't even mention the iPhone, nor was I referring to it. You, sir, are a classic (unpaid) soldier.

2. It was a joke. Lighten up dude!
    Well that's what I get for not reading:

"Imagine this guy using a *computer*.

I edited the top of my previous post for you.
    I doubt it uses more battery life. It isn't a hardware setting (like GPS or Bluetooth) that is turned on. It's just a software setting to interpret gestures in the gesture area a bit differently. It can be confusing to new users, which is why it's probably turned off by default.
    Are there any other gestures besides the full swipe this this setting enables?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Are there any other gestures besides the full swipe this this setting enables?
    I don't think so. I'm ready for some more advanced gestures, though. Maybe the ROM hackers will uncover some more goodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    Then I guess you didn't communicate your point very well. Happens to the best of us.

But the best of us... get better.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    YOu folks are funny. 6 pages defending the Pre!

Oh, and please stop using the "Oh I can stream Pandora in the background" as the example of multitasking ....
    I just downloaded Pandora on my ipod touch and...I can't wait to get my Pre is all I'm saying.

It really is a big deal to mention Pandora, it's a prime example. Making an exception for it is like saying that if you discount Hitler killing all those jews and gays he's not that bad of a guy after all.

I've never owned a Palm device before nor do I even have my Pre yet, so you can't call me a Palm fanboy.
    Last edited by ranzchic; 06/30/2009 at 08:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post

Oh, and please stop using the "Oh I can stream Pandora in the background" as the example of multitasking ....
    Says the guy named 'Searchable' who joined PreCentral forums in June. If you don't like the Pre you must have a serious case of self-loathing right now.

Did I mention you can use:

Phone & Calendar
    Phone & SMS
    Phone & Email

ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! If someone can't see the obvious advantage in that I guess no amount of explaining (defending) will help. Whatever gripes people may have with the Pre these are the 'Killer Apps' that most people appreciate very much. To dismiss this functionality as being useless just makes you look biased or uninformed.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post

Why isn't that an example of multi-tasking?
    So, the OP has a total of 25 posts right now. In just this thread, there are 19 from the OP. It would seem that s/he is pretty single-purpose. Outside this thread was a post about syncing that really just showed that OP didn't bother doing the slightest research. Another was a claim of 3 defective phones. Another was along the same lines. Check this out:

ok my wife surprised me sat. with a new pre by the end of the day the the volume button took a crap, had to wait till monday no big deal she drove the 20 miles to the sprint store with the phone they said they cant fix it they would have to replace it but they need the box, so 20 miles back home 20 miles back to store, get the new phone about 2pm this morning at 4am i got up to use the phone and the touch screen didnt respond, drove back to store 20 miles when they opened and they told me i cracked the screen and i would have to pay $100 deductable to cover with my insurance so now im not to cool, customer service was the worst in the store , so right in line in the store i have to call sprint (from their phone) and after i talked to 3 diff people i got sprint to credit my account for the $100 but i probably wont have a new phone till fri or mon because they have to ship it to me.
    That's all one sentence! I can't find a single capital letter in that entire rant. Anyway, the pattern seems to be to post rambling, incoherent gripes and pick apart things that are purely a matter of taste. That's some fine trolling.