Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    For everyone who gets so bent out of shape for anyone who posts something negative about the pre, get over it its just a phone that will be deemed useless in a year anyways, and if it so great I seem to see alot more negative posts than positive
    I hope that English is not your first language. . .
    For everyone who gets so bent out of shape for anyone who posts something negative about the pre, get over it its just a phone that will be deemed useless in a year anyways, and if it so great I seem to see alot more negative posts than positive
    It's a proven fact that you will always hear more negative than positive comments. Business schools even tell you that a customer with a bad experience will tell anyone who will listen, while a happy customer might tell only 1 or 2 friends.

I'm extremely happy with my phone. If your not, find your way back to the store. Good luck with your new phone.
    No I was thinking of a fireman because you have to be smart to do that
    We don't allow crybabies!! I was thinking maybe a midol tester, something more your style! You get paid and take care of your menstrual symptoms, two birds one stone!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    But you aren't posting something negative about the Pre. You're posting something negative about the concept of multitasking. And that is why people are reacting so harshly. You multitask every day when driving, walking and using your computer. So why does multitasking on a phone bother you to this degree?

If you're on your 3rd Pre then I understand why you want to give up and move on, but why shoot holes in a perfectly good ship just because you're going to make a swim for the island?
    I believe he's referring to the lack of third party apps a month into the Pre release. Palm hyped that the ability to multitask apps is what the iphone was lacking even with their abundance of app store apps, but how is the pre better when it is basically the same at its present state. I can browse the web and listen to my ipod(maybe not pandora) on my iphone as well. What I cant do on my iphone is switch from checking my account info on my Chase app to my Shazam app to find out what that song playing on the radio is, and return to the chase app without having to log on again. But neither can I on my Pre, because NO USEFUL APPS EXIST YET!

I like the pre, and Im looking forward to how useful it CAN be, but in its present state Im kind of regretting replacing my Centro with useful apps like Callrec,Callfilter,Backupman,Splashmoney,Video recorder,Voicerecorder, and tons of other useful apps that made the phone a true pda. None of the Treos had multitasking, but the plethora of Palm OS apps available and even simple functions like Copy/Paste that weren't crippled made it a truly useful PDA. I dont think PALM thought Web OS would be received with the resonance that it obtained, and they were forced to rush it to market. They rode the wave of ambiguity the world had thinking the Pre possessed everything the iphone didnt, and then they didnt deliver. Those whom have never owned an iphone would more than likely not know what they're missing, and thats the audience PALM is hoping will keep the Pre hype circulating, but I personally think they dropped the ball big time.

I know there will be rebuttals to this post with statements about updates to fix issues, but to that I retort, people have complained about tiny issues like Copy/Paste since the day the Pre was released and Palm hasnt addressed this issue to date and here it is 4 weeks later. Yet they hear that people are installing Homebrew apps that will essentially take revenue away from PALM and they release an update to patch this hole in a WEEKEND. Come on man.
    Last edited by thomasanderson; 06/29/2009 at 05:21 PM.
    Why people think that multi tasking automatically makes substandard speed in single app processes is beyond me. The two are not exclusive and Palm needs to optimize the os to get things on par.

Those that don't see multitasking as a big deal are just as foolish.
    I think what matters to most users is the appearance of multitasking.

(Note that technically speaking, iPhone OS does allow multitasking but it is limited to (pre-installed) internal applications only.)

An iPhone user can indeed switch to another application when composing an e-mail and copy-paste information from that application into the e-mail. It doesn't matter to the end user if it is done through OS multi-tasking or by preserving applications state between re-launches.

As a recent iPhone convert who was quite concerned about the so called lack of multitasking, I am pleasantly surprised how well 'simulated multitasking' works.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyremn76 View Post
    We don't allow crybabies!! I was thinking maybe a midol tester, something more your style! You get paid and take care of your menstrual symptoms, two birds one stone!
    wow that was great you must be so proud
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    I believe he's referring to the lack of third party apps a month into the Pre release. Palm hyped that the ability to multitask apps is what the iphone was lacking even with their abundance of app store apps, but how is the pre better when it is basically the same at its present state. I can browse the web and listen to my ipod(maybe not pandora) on my iphone as well. What I cant do on my iphone is switch from checking my account info on my Chase app to my Shazam app to find out what that song playing on the radio is, and return to the chase app without having to log on again. But neither can I on my Pre, because NO USEFUL APPS EXIST YET!

I like the pre, and Im looking forward to how useful it CAN be, but in its present state Im kind of regretting replacing my Centro with useful apps like Callrec,Callfilter,Backupman,Splashmoney,Video recorder,Voicerecorder, and tons of other useful apps that made the phone a true pda. None of the Treos had multitasking, but the plethora of Palm OS apps available and even simple functions like Copy/Paste that weren't crippled made it a truly useful PDA. I dont think PALM thought Web OS would be received with the resonance that it obtained, and they were forced to rush it to market. They rode the wave of ambiguity the world had thinking the Pre possessed everything the iphone didnt, and then they didnt deliver. Those whom have never owned an iphone would more than likely not know what they're missing, and thats the audience PALM is hoping will keep the Pre hype circulating, but I personally think they dropped the ball big time.

I know there will be rebuttals to this post with statements about updates to fix issues, but to that I retort, people have complained about tiny issues like Copy/Paste since the day the Pre was released and Palm hasnt addressed this issue to date and here it is 4 weeks later. Yet they hear that people are installing Homebrew apps that will essentially take revenue away from PALM and they release an update to patch this hole in a WEEKEND. Come on man.
    thank you so much for seeing my point, i think multitasking is great, i would just like a few more things than how pandora will pause when i have to make a turn on my gps, or copy and paste, but thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post

Couple of questions:

When you say Palm hyped multitasking apps, did they show any apps during the "hyping" that weren't on the phone when it was launched?

Did you know there were only 30 apps before you bought the phone?

Was there anything keeping you from waiting until there were more apps before you bought the phone if apps are so important to you?

Was it ok with you that your iPhone didn't have an app store for over a year?

Can you get homebrew apps on your iPhone?

Ok, that was more than a couple. I wouldn't mind having more apps, but that's not why I bought the phone.
    See thing is these are the type of people that will always complain no matter what! If it had a million apps, those apps wouldn't be quality or now there are to many and it takes to long to scroll through them all! You are posting on something u knew before the phone was out and also knew that it would take time to get apps since the sdk had not been released to everyone! So instead of coming here and complaining about things that you should have already known before you bought the phone since it was common knowledge come up with something that is legit or leave for another phone where you will prob. be complaining about it!! thanks and move along!
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Couple of questions:

When you say Palm hyped multitasking apps, did they show any apps during the "hyping" that weren't on the phone when it was launched?

Did you know there were only 30 apps before you bought the phone?

Was there anything keeping you from waiting until there were more apps before you bought the phone if apps are so important to you?

Was it ok with you that your iPhone didn't have an app store for over a year?

Can you get homebrew apps on your iPhone?

Ok, that was more than a couple. I wouldn't mind having more apps, but that's not why I bought the phone.

I know one thing their demos certainly didn't showcase the system lag. For a compact / small footprint OS it certainly chugs the advanced processor with its innefficiency.
    i find that the claim to fame for palm pre is lame, wow im so excited i can play sudoku all while accuweather is updating live, all while i can check movie times, next will be able to do all this why we see how the weather is in china point is having multiple things at once is great if they are great. Im a little over the useless apps. Just an impatient person i guess but im on my third pre ans so is my wife and it dosent seem worth it.
    If your hardware doesn't work, it's probably not worth it. However, some of us find multi-tasking (or just being able to return to an app where we left off) - INDISPENSIBLE. Opening the web from an email and referring to the content back in the email. Of course, doing all this while listening to Pandora and getting turn-by-turn directions. Our lives require multi-tasking and now our mobile computers can do what our desktops can. I would argue that GPS-based and phone applications make multitasking on a phone MORE important than on a desktop.
    I like it.
    Drove a total of six hours across state lines to get a Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    i find that the claim to fame for palm pre is lame, wow im so excited i can play sudoku all while accuweather is updating live, all while i can check movie times, next will be able to do all this why we see how the weather is in china point is having multiple things at once is great if they are great. Im a little over the useless apps. Just an impatient person i guess but im on my third pre ans so is my wife and it dosent seem worth it.
    This guy sounds like an ***** I saw on YouTube.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fyremn76 View Post
    see thing is these are the type of people that will always complain no matter what! If it had a million apps, those apps wouldn't be quality or now there are to many and it takes to long to scroll through them all! You are posting on something u knew before the phone was out and also knew that it would take time to get apps since the sdk had not been released to everyone! So instead of coming here and complaining about things that you should have already known before you bought the phone since it was common knowledge come up with something that is legit or leave for another phone where you will prob. Be complaining about it!! Thanks and move along!
    so angry grrr
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    For the first couple of lines, I thought you were rapping.
    He speaks in rhyme because all he can understand Dr. Seuss books.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kcs7272 View Post
    This guy sounds like an ***** I saw on YouTube.
    did u watch in on your pre while acuweather was open at the same time
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyremn76 View Post
    Yeah like spelling teacher!!
    I think he meant carrier
    did u watch in on your pre while acuweather was open at the same time
    Well duh what if I need to check what the weather is going to be like in the next city I'm flying to before my flight leaves?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast