Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    the hardware isn't crap but I tell you one thing go and play with a GS and tell me why the Pre is so much slower in EVERYTHING. For a phone with a light OS and was touted on speed over the other bulky OS it ceetainly feels a lot bulkier.

I love the Pre and multi tasking but I hate the sluggish OS and programs. Play with an Iphone GS for more thana few minutes that is what we should have they both use very similar processors.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    that wasent even on purpose maybe i need a carrer change
    Yeah like spelling teacher!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    the point was im getting a little bored with the phone, (and the insult of a sudoku update) and is it worth the trouble of the crap hardware
    getting bored with the phone? Its like getting a new your favorite car. You play with it all day for weeks but I bet you wouldn't give it up. Go back to your old phone and see how fast you miss the Pre. My excitement wore off but ill be dammed going back to my old non multi tasking slow phone. Were you not bored with your old phone? If you wasn't then you should have never cheated on it. I divorced my blackberry and married Pre.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyremn76 View Post
    Yeah like spelling teacher!!
    No I was thinking of a fireman because you have to be smart to do that
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    getting bored with the phone? Its like getting a new your favorite car. You play with it all day for weeks but I bet you wouldn't give it up. Go back to your old phone and see how fast you miss the Pre. My excitement wore off but ill be dammed going back to my old non multi tasking slow phone. Were you not bored with your old phone? If you wasn't then you should have never cheated on it. I divorced my blackberry and married Pre.
    I hear you on that but this is my first attempt at a smart phone maybe I was expecting 2 much but sprint and palm hyped it up alot
    Since the 3Gs doesnt multitask, its arguably easier for it to load apps faster. Also, the same processor that is in the Pre is clocked higher in the 3Gs. And the 3Gs has a video-dedicated processor. All of those items contribute to the iPhone 3Gs being faster. But it still doesnt multitask....

Too bad multitasking doesnt do it for you. I can definitely tell you that it is the NUMERO UNO reason why I waited for webOS! And I am enjoying every bit of it!
    No I was thinking of a fireman because you have to be smart to do that
    hope you never have to become a EMT in your fireman job. Doing multiple things at once seems to be your Achilles heel...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Return the pre. A razr would be suitable for your needs
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Since the 3Gs doesnt multitask, its arguably easier for it to load apps faster. Also, the same processor that is in the Pre is clocked higher in the 3Gs. And the 3Gs has a video-dedicated processor. All of those items contribute to the iPhone 3Gs being faster. But it still doesnt multitask....

Too bad multitasking doesnt do it for you. I can definitely tell you that it is the NUMERO UNO reason why I waited for webOS! And I am enjoying every bit of it!
    The Pre has the same PowerVR (video processor) that the iPhone 3GS has. The difference is OS and processor clock speed. BTW I have a friend who has broughten all three of her iPhone 3G's to a crawl. Give the iPhone 3GS a few weeks to a month add alot of programs on it, and it won't perform as spanking fast as it first did. You have to do a restore to bring the speed back up to it's fresh out of the box state. That happens with most operating systems.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    Return the pre. A razr would be suitable for your needs
    The hardware I'm sure is more solid
    I'm actually happy with the hardware build of my Pre. doesn't scratch easily, the slider is solid, I've even dropped it and no marks from a 4 foot drop onto hardwood floor laid directly on top of cement.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    For everyone who gets so bent out of shape for anyone who posts something negative about the pre, get over it its just a phone that will be deemed useless in a year anyways, and if it so great I seem to see alot more negative posts than positive
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    i find that the claim to fame for palm pre is lame, wow im so excited i can play sudoku all while accuweather is updating live, all while i can check movie times, next will be able to do all this why we see how the weather is in china point is having multiple things at once is great if they are great. Im a little over the useless apps. Just an impatient person i guess but im on my third pre ans so is my wife and it dosent seem worth it.
    I'm typing this in the web browser while simultaneously sending a picture of myself laughing hysterically at the idea of multitasking being unimportant.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    But I do appreciate the realistic replies that are usefull
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    well here's a spin on mutlitasking-so the iphone 3gs (you know,the one that is overheating and turning the white case tan) is definitely faster than the pre in opening individual aps- but it had better be b/c you have to close each one and then open another one to switch. In the pre say you leave open internet, email, txt and calender- then all of a sudden the pre becomes MUCH faster than the iphone b/c to go from internet to email all you have to do is reduce, move card, and expand- much quicker than close, find other app, press it, wait for it to load.

I love the multitasking- I don't always use it but when I do its a life saver.
    If you have trouble with, or fail to appreciate multi-tasking, I feel sorry for your wife.
    BAM go to an Apple store get an iPhone... test it out.. let us know what you think of it, after having both devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by wp746911 View Post
    well here's a spin on mutlitasking-so the iphone 3gs (you know,the one that is overheating and turning the white case tan) is definitely faster than the pre in opening individual aps- but it had better be b/c you have to close each one and then open another one to switch. In the pre say you leave open internet, email, txt and calender- then all of a sudden the pre becomes MUCH faster than the iphone b/c to go from internet to email all you have to do is reduce, move card, and expand- much quicker than close, find other app, press it, wait for it to load.

I love the multitasking- I don't always use it but when I do its a life saver.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. It ain't about the specs, it's about how it performs in it's intended use. I wouldn't turn my nose up at more speed, but it's like saying a Corvette is better at bringing home your groceries than is an SUV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    If you have trouble with, or fail to appreciate multi-tasking, I feel sorry for your wife.
    ouch. Them's is fightin words in dez parts....

I just don't understand here...why did you buy the pre if not for its multitasking?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Right you are. Now GTFO
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast