Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    My best example of practical multitasking is my last business trip. I was traveling to a new town, so I was using the navigation to get to the hotel. At the same time, I was listening to a playlist from the media player. While I was doing this, a friend called me. The navigation minimized, the music paused, and the phone call came up on screen and I was able to talk to the person through my car speakers using the bluetooth connection to my car's head unit. Once I hit the end button, the nav popped right back up, the music returned and I was able to keep my eyes on the road the entire time!

If it hadn't been for multitasking, I would have had to pull over or risk my life and those of the people around me by trying to do all of those things manually.
    You don't really use it until you need it. Once you need it you'll love it . Going through web pages and sending a link is great. If its a funny video or something I can send via email, texts and then go back to the website no problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    i find that the claim to fame for palm pre is lame, wow im so excited i can play sudoku all while accuweather is updating live, all while i can check movie times, next will be able to do all this why we see how the weather is in china point is having multiple things at once is great if they are great. Im a little over the useless apps. Just an impatient person i guess but im on my third pre ans so is my wife and it dosent seem worth it.
    Is this your first smartphone?

The ability to multitask is the KILLER app on this phone. I am an old palm0s user and Longtime Windows Mobile user. The ability to use the apps on the phone how I want and when I want is the reason I can't see myself giving up this phone...

nb
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    The only people that don't like/want multitasking........iPhone users.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Multitasking is the best thing to ever come along!!!!!! What is a carrer change? Is it a career change, carrier change? HMMMM! Maybe its just a phone change. I loved my BBerry until I experienced the Pre.
    Big Jeff
    I use TealOS on my Treo. It looks like WebOS but the different cards aren't really running in the background. For most practical purposes it makes no difference to me. I can switch back and forth between cards and the open card updates when I get to it. So for instance I don't really care if my Google Maps card isn't constantly updating traffic in the background so long as it updates when I switch to it. In fact its probably better for battery life that it's NOT active in the background. Can you turn multitasking off if you want in WebOS to save battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I'm sure the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people that use Winmo care/d about it. I had a Winmo phone before the Pre and that was one of the best things about the platform. It didn't suck badly for me. Multitasking was very big before the Pre- Palm just made it a focus of its marketing since that's one of the big differences between the Pre and the Iphone.
    I'm coming from WinMo too, and I politely disagree.

I had my phones hacked and tricked out, but the ways to switch between, and close, programs made the multi tasking a burden in some cases. I often left programs open (sucking memory and battery) or couldn't get from one program to another as easily as i thought i should. So I wouldn't chat and surf (for example)...it took too much effort.

I loved the fact that WinMo could do more than one thing at a time and I used it often, but still think that in its current form (and from what i saw and used in winmo 6.5) it is hampered by bad task management.

One more reason that I love using the Pre...
    Must work att taco bell the big deal is i can run my whole business from the palm pre on a call then take a credit card will doing something else if you own your own business people would know why multi task is a big deal
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    i find that the claim to fame for palm pre is lame, wow im so excited i can play sudoku all while accuweather is updating live, all while i can check movie times, next will be able to do all this why we see how the weather is in china point is having multiple things at once is great if they are great. Im a little over the useless apps. Just an impatient person i guess but im on my third pre ans so is my wife and it dosent seem worth it.
    Think about it this way , what if you could not do multiple things on your computer . you could only have one page open and needed to close to open another. How will that feel?Now bring it on phones its the same way. I love the fact that I can open up to 10 cards just like my computer and do different stuff at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    The Pre has the same PowerVR (video processor) that the iPhone 3GS has. The difference is OS and processor clock speed. BTW I have a friend who has broughten all three of her iPhone 3G's to a crawl. Give the iPhone 3GS a few weeks to a month add alot of programs on it, and it won't perform as spanking fast as it first did. You have to do a restore to bring the speed back up to it's fresh out of the box state. That happens with most operating systems.
    Is there any way to increase the Pre's clock speed (if one desires)?
    I think it's hilarious that people who either don't own a pre, or iphone owners have the time to come on a PALM PRE forum and bash it. Am I the only one who finds it silly?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011