Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by irit View Post
    I GOT IT! The Hebrew is working perfect - love it!!! Thanks much!!!
    well done! Shana tova
    Quote Originally Posted by qurgh View Post
    I pulled all the fonts off the device, edited them with a font editor (I think it was Fontlab) and added the font symbols I needed. Then I just put them back onto the device. They can now be added by simply installing a theme from prethemer.

All the symbols I added were in the PUA block. I only had to add 29 or so.

This probably won't work for scripts like arabic, since the characters change based on their position and I don't know if webOS supports this yet. It should work for writing systems that don't have changing characters.
    Hi,

Do your altered fonts have Hebrew ?
    If so, do you mind posting them?

Thanks,
    Gideon.
    I tried to replace the batang.ttf by a .ttc file, it is not working after reboot. it looks nothing changed, but when i open the memo application, there is no 'new memo' icon as before.

I still confusing with the fonts... which font actually the system using? the phone language is U.S. ENglish and formats is China.
    Hi guys.

I want to install Arialuni (Arial Unicode MS) on my Palm Pre.
    Arialuni works for iphone but I know that some of them have installed it on Palm Pre and it works. They have installed it from Mac but I have Windows 7.
    Has anyone got an idea of does it work?
    I don't want to replace or modify the font, I want to add arial unicode ms to my fonts.
    Thanks in advance.
    I have the palm pre 2, has anybody had any success with hebrew on webos 2.0? For me it didn't work.
    the fontname has changed for webos 2 so adding batang.ttf will not help

You may want to backup the original file first.

1. Download the file at http://onwebos.com/export filename is HeiS_nb

2. use webos QI and send the file to /usr/share/fonts/
    Last edited by abegee; 12/22/2010 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post

1. Download the file at [url] filename is HeiS_nb

Successfully installed hebrew font on palm pre 2, webos 2.0.1 Credit to*abegee
    It worked like a charm,

Easiest way is as mentioned by abegee
    to download the font and install it with webos quick install,
    Alternately you could first backup the original font following the instructions on page 1 and afterwards installing the above with webosquickinstall.

check out all abegee's abesapps as tehillim zmanim sefira etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post

1. Download the file at Index of /export filename is HeiS_nb

For anyone on 2.1 that is trying to do this...just a heads up...the font didn't change for me until I changed:

Prelude-Bold.ttf
    Prelude-BoldOblique.ttf
    Prelude-Medium.ttf
    Prelude-MediumOblique.ttf

This did not change the Launcher font...but the status bar, carrier, email, text..etc...did.
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I'm waiting for Pre3. but I still have problem about thai fonts.
    Does Pre can read thai.
    Please
    Quote Originally Posted by thanet_y View Post
    I'm waiting for Pre3. but I still have problem about thai fonts.
    Does Pre can read thai.
    Please
    Touchpad can't even read Thai... Although I pushed DroidSans which contains Thai character in, Thai's is still unreadable.
    Quote Originally Posted by sipp11 View Post
    Touchpad can't even read Thai... Although I pushed DroidSans which contains Thai character in, Thai's is still unreadable.
    Crap... I've spoken too soon. Now I can read Thai partially; I probably need to patch everywhere to be able to read Thai.

Let fun begin!
    It would be really interesting to here how the Thai fonts are going. I really need them. And I never got it working on my pre-, and now I'm thinking about getting a pre3 and maybe a touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpyllmn View Post
    It would be really interesting to here how the Thai fonts are going. I really need them. And I never got it working on my pre-, and now I'm thinking about getting a pre3 and maybe a touchpad.
    For webOS 2 device, you can just copy your font of choice replacing _Prelude_ it just works. If you need any help, just give me a shout. link --> cl.ly/95fX << This is my Pre2.

However, for webOS 3 device, it's another story. You can't simply replace _Prelude_ no more. You will not be able to boot successfully. You will need to patch each program individually. That's as far as I've tried. If any knows better way, please share!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpyllmn View Post
    I think I almost get it work fully on webOS 3 now by doing the easy way -- putting Thai characters in Prelude itself. Boom, my touchpad isn't whining about weird stuff in its stomach no more.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    For anyone on 2.1 that is trying to do this...just a heads up...the font didn't change for me until I changed:

Prelude-Bold.ttf
    Prelude-BoldOblique.ttf
    Prelude-Medium.ttf
    Prelude-MediumOblique.ttf

This did not change the Launcher font...but the status bar, carrier, email, text..etc...did.
    Hi all, did anyone succeed in getting hebrew fonts unto touchpad yet?
    So Preware now has a font section to download fonts. I downloaded a font but I dont really know what to do with them. Is this method still the way to change the font on the device or is there another thread somewhere?
    Hello guys, I just got a touchpad (webOS 3.0) and I was wondering if anyone can briefly explain what I need to do to get Arabic working on it. I'm fairly noobish when it comes to linux so try to be as basic as you could.. Thanks in advance!
    micha1113 likes this.
    I want to install Vietnamese on my touchpad. All I see is boxes right now. Can someone help me please!
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zumii View Post
    I want to install Vietnamese on my touchpad. All I see is boxes right now. Can someone help me please!
    although it was written for Hebrew purposes, i guess it should work for you as well:

Palm Preacher –
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
    THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR HOW TO GET THAI ON THEIR WEBOS3

I finally figured out how today after messing with it for a few hours (I have an HP Touchpad with WebOS3). So I'll post it here for future reference to help anyone else out.

Before you install Hebrew Fonts onto your webOS device (HP TouchPad, Palm Pre2, Palm Pre3, HP Veer) make sure you’ve done the following steps:

1. Turn on Developer mode. This is done by just typing the konami code in to the search.
    “upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart”
    Youtube:

2. Install webOS Quick Install
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

Proceed once the above two have been successfully completed.

3. download the Thai Font: Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb.ttf
    Link: Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb.ttf - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

4. Open webOS Quick Install.

5. After webOS Quick Install connects with your Phone/Tablet -- go to Tools -> Send File

6. Select the file you downloaded - Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb.ttf

7. Select destination folder to: /usr/share/fonts

8. Press send to device button. - Device should say "successfully sent"

9. Restart the device – enjoy Thai…
    grahamhgreen and NiceGuy like this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast