webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > How the hell do I save pictures from an email?
How the hell do I save pictures from an email?

Old 06/29/2009, 01:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

I got some pictures in an email that I want to save to my Pre. I don't see any option or button or way of doing it. I've tried tapping the picture, holding my finger down and nothing works.

I /would/ transfer the files over bluetooth, but the phone doesn't support that for god knows what reason.
hurricanedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/2009, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I got some pictures in an email that I want to save to my Pre. I don't see any option or button or way of doing it. I've tried tapping the picture, holding my finger down and nothing works.

I /would/ transfer the files over bluetooth, but the phone doesn't support that for god knows what reason.
please no one answer... you need to figure this out on your own
mdmogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/2009, 01:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

I should have clarified... through who knows what sorcery, these pictures aren't attached per se. They're embedded into the email. If I look at the thread on Gmail, the picture I sent shows up underneath my message with a link to the file etc. On the message with the pictures I want to save, however, the pictures display full-size within the message rather than underneath it where attachments normally display.

So I guess my question is, how do I save embedded pictures?
hurricanedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/2009, 01:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I should have clarified... through who knows what sorcery, these pictures aren't attached per se. They're embedded into the email. If I look at the thread on Gmail, the picture I sent shows up underneath my message with a link to the file etc. On the message with the pictures I want to save, however, the pictures display full-size within the message rather than underneath it where attachments normally display.

So I guess my question is, how do I save embedded pictures?
Ah, makes more sense, I wasn't sure how you could miss the "Copy to Photos" button... I think the problem is that the pictures aren't actually a part of the email but are hosted on a web server with a link to them.. I'm not actually sure how that happened because if i send them to myself that way i just see a link.. but all that to say I think the only way to save would be to root the pre and do the mod to save files from the browser.. best option is to save them and email them to yourself as attachments or transfer via usb i guess.
mdmogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/2009, 05:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Or, if you can zoom in so the picture is full-screen, you can take a screenshot of it.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Bujin#IM is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: hrdcamjc
Old 06/29/2009, 07:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Is the sender using gmail too ? Embedding images is one of the experimental labs features that people can use on gmail. Thats probably the trick they used.
Lucidlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/2009, 08:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ok on the note of emailing picture to one's phone. I cannot my ISP is att and I use pop3 mail. If I attach photo to my email and send to phone, I get the email but when I go to open it get the circle thing going round and round and says the server timed out and will try again soon. However if I copy and paste a pic into the message body of an email I do get but you don't get the option to save.
crash712us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/2009, 08:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

Actually that is a good solution, didn't think of that thanks Bujin
hrdcamjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/2009, 03:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
Actually that is a good solution, didn't think of that thanks Bujin
No problem...it actually works better if you (a) take a screenshot, (b) open the picture in your photo viewer and zoom in to get rid of the browser buttons, and (c) take a second screenshot.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Bujin#IM is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0