Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know if their is an app out there or maybe available on a different platfirm. But my idea is for an app when your expecting a call but have to hop in the shower or maybe am driving and can't answer your phone. What if their was a simple app that could automatically send a text to anyone that called that said "I'm in the shower ill call you when I'm out" it would be cool if you could also choose to send it to people that also text you. Just a super simple app with two checkboxes for texts and calls and than a auto reply message. Just an idea I'm sorry if this has already been discussed or made.
    Quote Originally Posted by egreenwood1 View Post
    I don't know if their is an app out there or maybe available on a different platfirm. But my idea is for an app when your expecting a call but have to hop in the shower or maybe am driving and can't answer your phone. What if their was a simple app that could automatically send a text to anyone that called that said "I'm in the shower ill call you when I'm out" it would be cool if you could also choose to send it to people that also text you. Just a super simple app with two checkboxes for texts and calls and than a auto reply message. Just an idea I'm sorry if this has already been discussed or made.
    Good idea. Should be built into phone app. Centro had ignore with text. One more step to have preformatted texts ready to go. One more step to set a checkbox to send them (e.g. Auto ignore). It could send them to voicemail and then send the text.

For texts, it could work too. Of course, not everyone is calling from a phone that can recieve texts, but enough are.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I'd assume that it would be impossible - privacy concerns allowing an app to know who is calling you/etc.
    great idea
    Sounds like an awesome idea, kinda like an away message for the phone. Seems like it should be built into the iPhone OS 3.0 But, really. Awesome idea.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    So an away message used on yahoo and aim but for calls? I don't see how the reason you are away is that important for the caller to know.
    Pity the default SMS app doesn't have templates or quick text like the Centro. Hope that future versions will have this basic function. Right now it looks to be very very basic.
    Yup an auto reply by SMS would be a cool app. Itshould be built in.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    had something like this built into my windows mobile phone, would work great on the pre

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
  9.    #9  
    I'm glad other people would also find this app useful, kinda scared to post my idea and have people say its stupid! But yeah if it always let the person calling the ability to leave a voicemail it would be really sweet. I didn't even think of a aim away message because I haven't used it in awhile but that is exactly right how it would be used!! I only have skills in html so their is no way I could ever do something like this. Its just something I was thinking about and wanted to share
    lol, there is alredy an app like this, its called voice mail.....
    This is a neat idea. Almost like the "out of office" reply for exchange, or like someone else said, an away message. Voicemail meets the need broadly, but the person on the other end doesn't know you're in a meeting or the shower etc. Good idea OP.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Good idea.

For texts, it could work too. Of course, not everyone is calling from a phone that can recieve texts, but enough are.
    With sprint phones if you send text to landline it will read out the message to them and then send you a confrimation text that your text to landline message was delivered
    SCK Manager
  13.    #13  
    Yeah hopefully palm reads these boards and is willing to try new things out and maybe pay for good ideas! Haha in my dreams and I'm sure this is hard to pull off because of it having to be so connected into the internals of the phone
    Don't be afraid to toss out ideas.

Not a bad idea but some people do not have unlimited text with their carriers or dont pay for it so you would be forcing a text charge to them if they get it.

What they really need is visual voicemail so that you can go in and besides checking your voicemail in the most convenient way possible, you have a greetings button and you can change your greeting on the fly.
  15.    #15  
    Yeah that would super helpful also!
    For Windows Mobile that is built into the OS. You can use a pre made text to send to anyone that you mis a call from. This maybe biult in the furture but not very soon.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I think the app is a great idea. I want my phone to be even more flexible!

I hate posters that try and redirect the thread .....

I would love to see this type of application give even more control over phone and/or text. For instance, there are times where I want my phone to be fully operational - but I do not want any text messages to come through. It would be great if I could keep them from appearing but for now I just turn off notifications during those times (and hope that no one finds the messaging app ).
    I've had this same idea when I go into the shower and I'm waiting on a response from someone.

This would be different from preset texts and ignore with text features that were on previous phones.

I'm all for it
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Toysoft created an app for the Treo/Centro which had this feature and more. It was called Lightwav. I thought it was great app, when it was stable.

Hopefully they'll make a stable WebOS version of it.
    I think your app is a great idea. Let's the caller know that you're only away for a few minutes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast