webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Sprint TV
Sprint TV

Old 06/27/2009, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello everyone. As you know the Pre comes with Sprint TV (included in the Data Plan). I was under the impression there would be about 15 channels. I only see about 4 LIVE channels. Is This ALL that is included?

Obviously there is On Demand but I have a huge gripe about that. It seems ALL THE EPISODES ARE ONLY SMALL CLIPS. What is the point of that? I would want FULL EPISODES. Am I not looking in the correct folder?

My last question... I have a 25% discound on my phone plan (because of my work). If I sign up for the PREMIUM channels will that discount apply to that? Just curious.

Thanks everyone!
erasef301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2009, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know wdf. What is the point of having these channels without the premium channel. Verizon gives you a lot of live channels without paying premium
d0llarm3nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2009, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't have an answer to your question, but just wait for the slingbox/player.
bmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2009, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you look within the folders for the networks, you can find subfolders with full episodes

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Bujin#IM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2009, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

What is this slingbox player I keep hearing about
Old 06/27/2009, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
What is this slingbox player I keep hearing about
Don't know if you're just joking around or not, but here it is. Basically you set it up at home thru your network. Download software to laptop/Computer or mobile phone and control and watch your tv from anywhere as long as you got signal/internet connection. Worked well with my 700wx.

Sling Media - Slingbox
Thanked By: d0llarm3nu
Old 06/27/2009, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

O ok thanks is it free??
Old 06/27/2009, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
O ok thanks is it free??
No you have to buy the slingbox. The software is free for computer, but they charge for the phone software. I think it cost 29.99 for the mobile software. As for the slingbox, you can probably find one on ebay for under $100. Well worth it in my opinion.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread.
Thanked By: d0llarm3nu
Old 06/27/2009, 05:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

O ok .. Thanks for explainin it to me
Old 06/27/2009, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

They use to have about 15 included, then viacom asked for more moniess. and sprint said nope. So they cut Comedy Central Vh1 MTV Spike and a couple others, Also use to include Fox news and CNN but they removed them also, (or are removing fox not sure if they did it yet) I use to pay the extra (well get it credited cuz my dealer plan really) for the 45 sprint tv xtra, but that was only to show customers i used it like 3 times in real life situations. basically its nice that it includes it and its free. I useally can find day old epsoides of the office on sprint tv before i can on Charter OnDemand
Old 06/27/2009, 06:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I know wdf. What is the point of having these channels without the premium channel. Verizon gives you a lot of live channels without paying premium
That's news, Verizon doesn't have any live channels. Unless they started this in the last few months. Also, they don't let their Treo's receive their TV or video.

I'm not on Verizon, and that is why. But if these things have changed in the last fews months I'll have to give Verizon a look.
positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2009, 06:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

VZW uses MediaFlo's Mobile tv service, Not sure the cost i think its $15 for basic $30 for all channels, not avialable in all markets and only to a select few phones just like atts service also ran by the same service. They use channel 55 fequency so if that was taking in your metro area by a tv station it may just be coming to your area soon since those stations are now digital and freed up the spectrum for FLO
Old 06/27/2009, 09:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Checked. Full episodes for NBC and ABC top shows available. Minisodes and lots of other junk available. The real loss is CNN which I used all the time running up to the election. Now if I could get that back and my local news live.
realistdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2009, 10:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by positron View Post
That's news, Verizon doesn't have any live channels. Unless they started this in the last few months. Also, they don't let their Treo's receive their TV or video.

I'm not on Verizon, and that is why. But if these things have changed in the last fews months I'll have to give Verizon a look.
Verizon has about 8 channels in like 2 markets(I know it's more than 2, but it is not many at all..) They were supposed to expand 2 YEARS ago to nationwide coverage, but the FCC(I think) shut their new expansion plans (not existing) down because they needed approval because theirs was BROADCAST OTA and that needs approval which they can never get. I believe they are in the midst of a switch to MobiTV..
acipollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2009, 10:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

Well, I just looked at their website.. IF you have a compatible device(there are 2- the KRAVE and the Voyager), they have the service in about 35 markets and provide a maximum of 10 channels. $25 a month with a data pk and $15 without..
So if you want it, just go get a 2 year old voyager and pay 15-25 a month for 10 channels.

http://products.vzw.com/index.aspx?i...ileTV#overview
acipollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2009, 10:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

I don't have many complaints about the lack of channels cos it wasn't a feature I planned on using in the first place... I'm more of a movie guy than a TV guy, anyway.

However, it is nice to be able to watch full eps of The Office.
jasetroncs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2009, 08:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

I can't even access Sprint TV; it keeps telling me to turn off airplane mode to access that program (its not on).
Old 07/02/2009, 05:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
I don't have many complaints about the lack of channels cos it wasn't a feature I planned on using in the first place... I'm more of a movie guy than a TV guy, anyway.

However, it is nice to be able to watch full eps of The Office.
Thats what everyone says once they realize they can't get a feature. What a copout.
sinsin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2009, 07:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Guess I'm 'copping out', too. I don't really care about Sprint TV. I knew the phone would have it, but figured it'd be something I rarely used if ever. Guess what- I was right!
nullity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2009, 03:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

They have full episodes of a few shows, I watched an episode of kath and kim the other day at the gym
diyeiogt is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0