webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > SDK status question from Palm's 6/25/09 investor call
SDK status question from Palm's 6/25/09 investor call

Old 06/26/2009, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question from Citigroup about why the SDK is not out now (or next week):

Quote:
Jim Suva - Citigroup

$200 million, okay. And then a question for Jon -- Jon, could you let us a little bit -- you made some comments about the SDK being widely available the end of this summer. What is the strategy or thought as far as having it come out the end of the summer as to say next week or sooner? Are you still tweaking some things or why isnít it as widely deployable right now?

Jonathan J. Rubinstein

The answer is yes, we are still tweaking some things and primarily around the tools and the processes around that. And like I said, we wanted to get feedback from the developer community, which has worked really, really well and the developers, as youíve probably noticed in the press and on the blogs, the developers are pretty happy with the SDK and with what they are seeing in Web OS. And so I think this is one of those things where I would much rather have really happy developers and have a very efficient process for delivering applications on the App catalog than rush this out to the marketplace.

Jim Suva - Citigroup

Okay, and is summer defined as before Labor Day or how do you think of summertime?

Jonathan J. Rubinstein

I would look it up in Wikipedia. Go on your Pre, type in summer and search on Wikipedia.

Jim Suva - Citigroup

September 21st, gotcha.

Source: Palm F4Q09 (Qtr End 5/29/09) Earnings Call Transcript -- Seeking Alpha
scuba_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2009, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
I would look it up in Wikipedia. Go on your Pre, type in summer and search on Wikipedia.
Ha! Great way to answer that question. I'm hoping they are under promising and going to over deliver, as far as release time.

Ironically, I would probably hold off on the Pre a little longer, if I had an emulator to spit ball some ideas with now. But not having the SDK is making me get one to play around with WebOS.
sacherjj#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2009, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
Jim Suva - Citigroup

Okay, and is summer defined as before Labor Day or how do you think of summertime?

Jonathan J. Rubinstein

Jim Suva - Citigroup

September 21st, gotcha.
And I think I saw that your end of summer already arrived...
SirWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0