webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Web Browser - set display size/zoom level
Web Browser - set display size/zoom level

Old 06/26/2009, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

I have several web pages I visit and have to "pinch/spread" the screen to be able to make type large enough to read. Anyone know how to set any type of default for larger display of certain web pages? Sure would make it much easier to use.
kcSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2009, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

I do not believe it is possible to have it default this way but one trick is double tap on a column of text and it will auto zoom the column. Just be careful not to hit a link or it will open that up instead ii

I do this all the time on the forums and it works like a dream.

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2009, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm a web developer and the problem is really with the websites and that they are designed for large monitors. Developers need to create mobile versions of their site and/or implement the "viewport" metatag into their layout.
wicketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2009, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

I hadn't even thought about this.
klt0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2009, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

thanks all. didn't think that was possible, but some might smart folks on this site!
kcSteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0