webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Where is the data stored for Classic App?
Where is the data stored for Classic App?

Old 06/24/2009, 07:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Alright I use the Classic application and use it mainly for SplashMoney. Since the cloud does not back up any of that info, if I do a hard reset is there anyway I can save my data from classic.
Thanks in advance.
dkotoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2009, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

I also need to know this. I'm using Classic and have some programs in it that I have entered data into and I don't want to lose it if my Pre craps out. Is there an easy way to back this info up?
DarkEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2009, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

The data is stored in internal folders not accessible from the USB connection. (in var/lib/palmos/datamgr/PALM_DM/, to be specific)

Using tools like Resco Backup or Resco Explorer, you can move files to the virtual SD card in Classic, and they will be visible under the ClassicApps folder structure on the USB drive.

With the newest update of Classic, Resco Backup often crashes during the backup run, but repeat attempts will eventually get through.
Old 06/24/2009, 09:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

How do you install new .prc files with the new version of Classic? I can't figure out how to do it now and the instructions on their site does not work. It worked with v1.0.2 FW but the 1.0.3 FW seems to have broke it.
DarkEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2009, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEye View Post
How do you install new .prc files with the new version of Classic? I can't figure out how to do it now and the instructions on their site does not work. It worked with v1.0.2 FW but the 1.0.3 FW seems to have broke it.
According to this, you still need the MotionApps installer, but files to be installed go in a new location. You should also be able to install using Resco Explorer to copy files to the internal ram area.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0