Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Is this the same font used in the web OS logo?
    Question: Is this font protected by a copyright, or does the creator allow distribution of the files?
    I'm pretty sure it's copyrighted, but that you're probably fine if you take them off your own device and use them only for personal use, but that's probably about it. Also, does anyone have any idea what the difference between prelude and coconut is?
    Thanks bmenot...this works!!!
    Though I had to download each font individually.....but thanks for your effort!
    Can you extract these from a Doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Can you extract these from a Doctor?
    I believe so... I don't have any Doctors on my PC to check though.
    Well that was easy to find using Post #7 above.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/28/2011 at 08:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's copyrighted, but that you're probably fine if you take them off your own device and use them only for personal use, but that's probably about it. Also, does anyone have any idea what the difference between prelude and coconut is?
    I have both, and they are both copyrighted by The Font Bureau, Inc. It appears that Prelude is more refined, while Coconut is the working beta version. Indeed, the Prelude Medium I have (78 MB) is version 2.002 dated 4/08/09, while the Coconut Medium I have (41 MB) is version 0.003 dated 3/13/09. I love using Prelude wherever I can on my Mac, especially on my web browsers.
    Just grab it yourself from your device. Use WOSQI, go to Receive File, and specify /usr/share/fonts/Prelude-Medium.ttf
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just grab it yourself from your device. Use WOSQI, go to Receive File, and specify /usr/share/fonts/Prelude-Medium.ttf
    I had to give up my pre+ so dont have access to one atm.
    i need the font for a design proposal for Palm i'm working on (im a design student)
    <thread cleansed>

Please don't post asking for the files to be posted, emailed, PM'd, etc... they are copyrighted by The Font Bureau. If you don't have access to a device, you can also download the webOS Doctor and pull them from there (I believe... Jason... yes/no?)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <thread cleansed>

Please don't post asking for the files to be posted, emailed, PM'd, etc... they are copyrighted by The Font Bureau. If you don't have access to a device, you can also download the webOS Doctor and pull them from there (I believe... Jason... yes/no?)
    yep
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Sorry for being a grave digger. But. Im just wondering with webos becoming open sourced what about the fonts. hahaha
    This was asked in a couple of threads... The font was created by 'The Font Bureau', but no one knows if they own the license or if HP owns it via Palm. All we can do is wait and see.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12